Thanks Thanks:  21
Likes Likes:  45
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What MM3 tune do you run?

1. Top Of Page | #1

What MM3 tune do you run?

Hey all, just bought the MM3 package from Ray. Excited to get all the parts on and send my stock file back in the coming few days to have him send over the tunes. I am looking for some advice, sorry if this has been discussed before, but I want to see what you guys recommend or are using for your daily driving tune? I have a 2017 truck so I want to be somewhat conservative, ideally increased MPG. I enjoy getting on it every once in a while but not every light. From the post I have read, sounds like the 120HP is best for MPG but what about longevity? I know the 30-90HP range better for towing, but at this time, I am only towing 1-2x per month for the weekend. Truck is stock...

What about line pressure..

Thank you all, glad to be part of his forum and looking forward to seeing what Ray puts together.

2. Thanks Muskiebri thanked for this post
    Likes Muskiebri, david3gen, Jaxonsram liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: What MM3 tune do you run?

Im about to do the same i will be following this close maybe ray can pitch in amd give some insite to what is bestp

4. Thanks Muskiebri thanked for this post
    Likes Muskiebri liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by huxon44 View Post
    Hey all, just bought the MM3 package from Ray. Excited to get all the parts on and send my stock file back in the coming few days to have him send over the tunes. I am looking for some advice, sorry if this has been discussed before, but I want to see what you guys recommend or are using for your daily driving tune? I have a 2017 truck so I want to be somewhat conservative, ideally increased MPG. I enjoy getting on it every once in a while but not every light. From the post I have read, sounds like the 120HP is best for MPG but what about longevity? I know the 30-90HP range better for towing, but at this time, I am only towing 1-2x per month for the weekend. Truck is stock...

What about line pressure..

Thank you all, glad to be part of his forum and looking forward to seeing what Ray puts together.
    My ecm tune is a 120. I will be backing mine down to a 30hp. I would occasionally change to a 150hp tune on the highway for better mpg. I should have my truck back hopefully sometime this month after over a 3 month stay at the dealership getting the trans covered under warranty.What a pain that was. So to avoid any further issues with my trans i am going to play it way safe and back my power way down. I figure alittle more money in fuel sure saves me alot in replacing trans another time. Now this is just my experience there is tons of people running 120 all day everyday not have any issues.

2014 RAM 2500 TRADESMAN "SMOKED A BIT TURBO LIT AND THAT WAS IT"

6. Thanks Jaxonsram thanked for this post
    Likes Jaxonsram liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I run the egr-less tuning, base is 30, because I often get traffic to and from work, when out on the highway, I will run the 120 hp I selected the 180 line pressure.

2014 Ram 2500 CCSB Ram Box Larime
    2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty
    RIP. 2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 DRD Tuning 107K miles wrecked by jeep wrangler.....

Other Toys: 1973 Charger Bougham edition 400 big block 42K original miles
    Unicycles (about 3 dozen)

6 in a row makes her go

8. Thanks kaoticlife71 thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DUST1N View Post
    My ecm tune is a 120. I will be backing mine down to a 30hp. I would occasionally change to a 150hp tune on the highway for better mpg. I should have my truck back hopefully sometime this month after over a 3 month stay at the dealership getting the trans covered under warranty.What a pain that was. So to avoid any further issues with my trans i am going to play it way safe and back my power way down. I figure alittle more money in fuel sure saves me alot in replacing trans another time. Now this is just my experience there is tons of people running 120 all day everyday not have any issues.
    I run the 120 HP on the RaceMe tuner love it one day will get RaceMe MM3 Tuner from Ray at Double R Diesel

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

10. Likes Pimpw3ld3r25_8, david3gen liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

120HP empty....60HP towing

12. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

With my Ultra not much difference. Right now I generally keep it on the 120hp
    When summer fuel is back I'll run it on. The 200hp again. Especially when trans tuning is out for our trucks

Ray has been working with me on a couple tunes I asked him I'd like to try out. One is under a 100hp the other he set at 120hp.
    The 100hp is a daily driven tune. My goal when I asked him for a couple things was to try and keep the mileage on the highway and decent in town. Along with a little snappier response. I'm still playing around with it right now

The other 120hp tune he did is something let's call it expieremental. Just something Ray Double R Diesel said upfront he hadn't exactly done on my truck. And did warn there may be some things to look out for. It may run excellent or may be a nightmare basically (my words)

With that tune I sent him a few things I was looking for from a tune for a purpose. But gave him free control on parameters and horsepower since it's what he's best at. I have given some feedback from the initial test drive

Both once I update to have the new data logger I will definitely send some logs for him to take a look at to dial in. They may be tunes he can offer later to others if someone wanted them. That would be totally his decision if he's comfortable with how they perform obviously

13. Top Of Page | #8

I run it full throttle!!

14. Likes DUST1N, F350Cummins, Cummins7 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stoweboy250 View Post
    I run it full throttle!!
    there is another option?

2014 Ram 2500 CCSB Ram Box Larime
    2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty
    RIP. 2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 DRD Tuning 107K miles wrecked by jeep wrangler.....

Other Toys: 1973 Charger Bougham edition 400 big block 42K original miles
    Unicycles (about 3 dozen)

6 in a row makes her go

16. Likes stoweboy250, Cummins7 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #10

Not in my book

18. Likes Cummins7, oneshotkyle liked this post
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast