Thanks Thanks:  21
Likes Likes:  45
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What MM3 tune do you run?

1. Top Of Page | #21

User Info Menu

Re: What MM3 tune do you run?

I recently had Ray update my ecm tune from 60 to 200. The truck is so much more fun to drive although I do need to drive it more conservatively. My truck is a '16 w/G56 and 37's. On the hwy it shows 22-23 typically with an avg of 18mpg. I hand calc'd my last tank @ 18.2.

2013 megacab soon to be longbed
    Fleece head, 625's, BD Screamer, Drd Tuning, Randy's Stg 2, 4:30's, 37" Toyos

2. Likes david3gen liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #22

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by OCP View Post
    I recently had Ray update my ecm tune from 60 to 200. The truck is so much more fun to drive although I do need to drive it more conservatively. My truck is a '16 w/G56 and 37's. On the hwy it shows 22-23 typically with an avg of 18mpg. I hand calc'd my last tank @ 18.2.
    My 09 operates much better in those higher levels. I've had a 200hp tune from Ray since I got his tuning last year. I just updated yesterday and asked about a 150-175 and told him he can play with parameters a bit more

My 200hp I'll be sending him a log today now that the function works for me. So he can see if there's any room for further improvements

With my TCM tuning I finally have from HPP my mileage in the 200hp is even better now
    Filling up this morning so I'll see over the next couple weeks real numbers

4. Likes david3gen liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #23

User Info Menu

I am sticking to EGR-less 120 and a 12V 60hp tune. Still sending guys your way Ray!

2014 Ram 2500 CCSB Ram Box Larime
    2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty
    RIP. 2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 DRD Tuning 107K miles wrecked by jeep wrangler.....

Other Toys: 1973 Charger Bougham edition 400 big block 42K original miles
    Unicycles (about 3 dozen)

6 in a row makes her go

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, david3gen liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #24

User Info Menu

I run the 30hp tune and saw a 2mpg increase. I've tried 60 briefly but I'm trying to make the stock clutch last as long as possible

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, david3gen liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #25

User Info Menu

Do y'all notice a huge difference when you run tunes? Say between 30hp and 120hp. I too have MM3 by Ray, but still have only really felt a power tune take hold a handful of times. When I feel it, I really feel it. Like the truck runs better, the tranny feels "fixed", everything. Otherwise, every time I load something it still feels stock. Even with the 12V or whistle tune, I hear them so I know they are being sent, but no "feel" difference. My ECM is written to 30hp. I've tried resetting ECM to stock and reinstalling. I just can't tell if its me expecting too much, or perhaps the hardware is faulty or the files are bad or something? Maybe what I'm reading of tunes making "A HUGE NOTICEABLE IMPROVEMENT!" is getting to my head and they aren't as noticeable as I've read. But then again, there have been a few times where I'm like "Oh ya baby, this is what Im talking about! Money well spent!" 90% of the time it just feels like something isn't taking hold, or the tranny tune isn't catching. I've been thinking of buying HPP's tune, for two reasons. 1) just to try something different to see if maybe the tunes I have aren't working, for whatever reason. 2) I heard HPP fixed that awful 68RFE shift flare issue which seems to be all I notice with mine, the tranny just hovers at RPM with torque-slip constantly above 1000, and I rarely exceed 30% throttle. I don't want to sound like I'm complaining, I would love to know its just me but I just can't tell. The $$ spent is worth finding an answer. Thanks!

10. Top Of Page | #26

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steamboat87 View Post
    Do y'all notice a huge difference when you run tunes? Say between 30hp and 120hp. I too have MM3 by Ray, but still have only really felt a power tune take hold a handful of times. When I feel it, I really feel it. Like the truck runs better, the tranny feels "fixed", everything. Otherwise, every time I load something it still feels stock. Even with the 12V or whistle tune, I hear them so I know they are being sent, but no "feel" difference. My ECM is written to 30hp. I've tried resetting ECM to stock and reinstalling. I just can't tell if its me expecting too much, or perhaps the hardware is faulty or the files are bad or something? Maybe what I'm reading of tunes making "A HUGE NOTICEABLE IMPROVEMENT!" is getting to my head and they aren't as noticeable as I've read. But then again, there have been a few times where I'm like "Oh ya baby, this is what Im talking about! Money well spent!" 90% of the time it just feels like something isn't taking hold, or the tranny tune isn't catching. I've been thinking of buying HPP's tune, for two reasons. 1) just to try something different to see if maybe the tunes I have aren't working, for whatever reason. 2) I heard HPP fixed that awful 68RFE shift flare issue which seems to be all I notice with mine, the tranny just hovers at RPM with torque-slip constantly above 1000, and I rarely exceed 30% throttle. I don't want to sound like I'm complaining, I would love to know its just me but I just can't tell. The $$ spent is worth finding an answer. Thanks!
    I'm sure the tuning and hardware is working brother.

As far as feeling the power...you don't get the full effect of power until the TCC locks. On a stock trans truck, you can't expect but so much. If you are looking to make a hot rod out of your truck, you'll need a swap out the valve body and torque converter in your trans.

Jonathan at HPP does have something figured out in binary that keeps the torque converter clutch locked between shifts that we don't have. However it seems that such a TCC strategy isn't all it is cracked up to be. Guys are saying such shifts are too violent. Chrysler put that TCC unlock between shifts for a reason.

I'm sure HPP will take care of their customers but I am saying that what you think would be great may come with driveability issues.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

11. Top Of Page | #27

User Info Menu

Steamboat87
    I've never run HPP tuning but
    I got a TCM from HPP because my year range isn't supported from RaceME still as we all know. As Ray mentioned Jonathan has messed around and has got some lockup stuff figured out
    On my truck I have 2nd lock and up. 2-3, 3-4 and very firm under 31% throttle. Above 31.5% it's nice and smooth
    I will be replacing my VB and solenoid pack end of this month or next month to see what that does for me. And TC with FP later this year

I'm running Ray's 200hp tune since my truck does best on it for mileage and with the trans tuning it helps smooth out shifting. I'll be trying out a 150-175hp tune soon hopefully to see if it helps transmission even more. It may reduce my mileage very slightly but not enough to be concerned about

12. Thanks steamboat87 thanked for this post
    Likes Jaxonsram liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #28

User Info Menu

Thanks Double R. After reading my post again, I should make clear that I wasn't negating your product or tune. I'm very pleased with it. I was more curious if anyone has had a "short" in there RaceMe tuner. But after what you said, that makes sense with the trans. I don't drive the truck hard 90% of the time. And when I do, I guess I do notice a good kick an power when the TCC locks. I'll take more field notes. Thanks again

14. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, Jaxonsram liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #29

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steamboat87 View Post
    Thanks Double R. After reading my post again, I should make clear that I wasn't negating your product or tune. I'm very pleased with it. I was more curious if anyone has had a "short" in there RaceMe tuner. But after what you said, that makes sense with the trans. I don't drive the truck hard 90% of the time. And when I do, I guess I do notice a good kick an power when the TCC locks. I'll take more field notes. Thanks again
    I get much the same feeling at times on my truck. Thankfully, with my setup I can remove my tuner and still run code free. Which is something I do any time I have to bring my truck in to the dealership for service. It reminds me how sluggish and sloppy the truck runs without Ray's tuning. It's a night and day difference even when I start to think the tuning isn't doing much.

Definitely monitor for the TC lock and then get into a little bit. The power feel you are missing will be there.... specially in 4th gear.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

16. Top Of Page | #30

User Info Menu

I know this is an old thread but I have a MM3 and the guy that sent the tunes to me sucks in all honesty.

Tunes are good and work well BUT I have the ASIN Trans and my check engine light is on Constantly.

(Very annoying)

Is there someone that will sell me just new tunes? Thus far all I can find are people selling the whole deal. I have the 30HP 60HP 130HP and 200HP tunes now and like I said they all work well but the damn Check engine lite is on all the time.

I checked for codes and got a 02 sensor code the 1st time let them know he sent new tunes and I still have a check engine light but not throwing any codes per the MM3 (Strange)

Any help would be great and thank you in advance.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast