Thanks Thanks:  21
Likes Likes:  45
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What MM3 tune do you run?

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: What MM3 tune do you run?

My ECM tune is a 150hp along with the BD Throttle booster at 100%. Love this combo and I drive conservatively , believe it or not. I average over 16mpg city/hwy and barley touch the throttle.

2015 Lone Star 3500 Dually 4x4 , Levelling kit . Amp steps , ranch hand bumpers and headache rack , air bags , XD rims, B&W gooseneck , LED spots , 100 gallon fuel tank , MM3 with Warp from Double R Diesel , SS 4" exhaust with muffler.

2. Thanks Jaxonsram thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

I guess my question is why is the 120hp tune better for mpg than the 30hp tune. All I do is drive my trk back and forth to work. I tow nothing and I am getting ready to delete as well. Truck is stock except 35in tires on 20in rims. I love the trk now that the dealer updated the transmission. It shifts like butter. I hope once tuned the trans will continue to shift like it does now. Before the software update it was rough.

Thanks Dannie

4. Thanks joseph.lazzara.2 thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

I always ran the 150 and had better than the 120 but that was awhile back before 2nd gen swap

6. Likes Yamaha242LS liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sausage View Post
    I guess my question is why is the 120hp tune better for mpg than the 30hp tune. All I do is drive my trk back and forth to work. I tow nothing and I am getting ready to delete as well. Truck is stock except 35in tires on 20in rims. I love the trk now that the dealer updated the transmission. It shifts like butter. I hope once tuned the trans will continue to shift like it does now. Before the software update it was rough.

Thanks Dannie
    An easy way to explain

Higher HP tuning from a good tuner writes the ECM to tell the computer to use the fuel, air and power more effectively and efficiently. Ending in an overall increase in better economy and the vehicle having to work less the get to the required speeds you're wanting
    Lower HP tuning is very good for keeping the truck from destroying parts especially while pulling loads

8. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stoweboy250 View Post
    I always ran the 150 and had better than the 120 but that was awhile back before 2nd gen swap
    The 175hp box tune always gave me my best with a couple changes to other parameters. No trans tuning available
    Right now winter fuel and WARP from Double R Diesel I'm running 120hp. With summer fuel I run his 200hp tune for my truck. Trans tuning will help a lot more for mileage when it comes out

Changed my sensors so the truck is relearning still. So far with winter fuel on Ray's 120hp after new sensors I've seen a best of 26.4mpg and a low of 16.8mpg according to the truck. Depending on warm up time, what fuel I buy and driving conditions and temperature

9. Thanks Xonelife1983x thanked for this post
  10. Top Of Page | #16
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

JJ at double r told me to remove my BD throttle sensitivity module and TS Stryker no need for them with their tunes. I've gotten use to the 100% setting any advice? Mine is a 2016 3500 rfe 68

11. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hd2500407 View Post
    JJ at double r told me to remove my BD throttle sensitivity module and TS Stryker no need for them with their tunes. I've gotten use to the 100% setting any advice? Mine is a 2016 3500 rfe 68
    You can leave your BD Throttle Module but pull the Stryker. We would pull the BD Module as it might cause some issues, but hard to say.
    @Hd2500407

"The grass is greener where you water it"

12. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

i am running the 120 most of the time although loving the 60hp 12V tune from time to time.

2014 Ram 2500 CCSB Ram Box Larime
    2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty
    RIP. 2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 DRD Tuning 107K miles wrecked by jeep wrangler.....

Other Toys: 1973 Charger Bougham edition 400 big block 42K original miles
    Unicycles (about 3 dozen)

6 in a row makes her go

13. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

I run the 120 tune up with the ATS valve body and co-pilot along with the ATS transmission brace. I just leave it there pulling my 28 foot enclosed trailer with my Ranger and RZR in it. No issues so far.

14. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

One thing I should point out is I run 4.10 gears which helps.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast