Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  4

Thread: Tune for towing.

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Tune for towing.

Does any one have suggestion for settings on a raceme ultra tuner for towing. I have a 2012 3500 dually and was looking to get best tune for fuel mileage towing enclosed trailer. The trailer is 24 foot. And weights around 7500#. The truck is all stock except deletes and tuner. Thank you in advance.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Tune for towing.

30 to 90hp would be fine

3. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 9mgcb81 View Post
    30 to 90hp would be fine
    And do I use default timing and rail pressure ?

5. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I think they recommend the transmission tuning as a good thing when towing also.

Sent from my Lenovo PB2-650Y using Tapatalk

2012 2500 ST w/ manmual 4x4 from the auction w 16k miles - Upgrades so far - Leather, LED bed lights, HID projectors, Nav = Appradio3 w ARU unchained reloaded full touch screencast & tailgate handle backup camera, homemade front hitch and reciever w 12k lb winch, reverse lights, soft open tailgate, transfercase linkage mod, Ultra and deletes, folding back seat mod, Kicker hideaway under drivers seat, Fumoto valve and safety clip, new warrantied turbo at 16k. Rocker Aux panel switches, Ford fold away bed extender, inverter outlet mod, soon an overhead console. Pulling a 2001 Prokat 2200WA around on my days off.

7. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 9mgcb81 View Post
    30 to 90hp would be fine
    What he said. 😆

🏁Join us as Lifetime Platinum Member today!🏁

"The grass is greener where you water it"

9. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTACUMMINS View Post
    What he said. 

Join us as Lifetime Platinum Member today!
    I run the 120 HP setting it gets best mileage and runs the best

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

10. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr bill View Post
    And do I use default timing and rail pressure ?
    1850 rail pressure is good. 120 hp is the line for 23 or 29 degrees. At 120 you could choose either one. Higher timing is better mileage. Over 120 always go with 29, under always go with 23. So for best mileage the 120 or 150 tune with 29 timing, and 1850 rail would be best. But the kicker in there is your trailer weight. If you can control your foot it's fine. If not then you should drop to a less hp tune with 23 timing to save your transmission.

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

11. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Thanks I will try 120 since I don't have a heavy foot

12. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr bill View Post
    Thanks I will try 120 since I don't have a heavy foot
    120hp doesn't hurt anything just drive like you've got a load back there. I haul my horses with 120hp that's about 10k pounds nothing to heavy.

Pulling my tractor I've done it before that's around 12,500-13,000k no problems. With the tractor I do usually go down to the 60hp and tow/haul. The 09 I don't have trans tuning though

13. Likes elcubano liked this post