Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Raceme ultra. Bad mileage

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Raceme ultra. Bad mileage

I did the deletes and changed exhaust. And no matter what I change on my programmer I can not get more than sixteen miles to gallon. Its a 2012 3500. And I tried all different speeds to make sure I was not over running it. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Raceme ultra. Bad mileage

Is that hand calculated? Depending on tires, gearing and several other things that's probably accurate. Running winter fuel especially.

When summer fuel is back you'll gain a little but not a lot

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Lift, tires, terrain, fuel filter, wind, heavy foot, extra drag, winter fuel, mechanical problems, tow, 2500, 3500, single wheel, dually, other modifications, topper, bed cover, weight in the bed, dog riding with his head out the window???

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

It's turning 1700 rpm at 70 mph. I did not calculate mileage I just looked at dash readout before I refueled.

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RATLIN'HP View Post
    Lift, tires, terrain, fuel filter, wind, heavy foot, extra drag, winter fuel, mechanical problems, tow, 2500, 3500, single wheel, dually, other modifications, topper, bed cover, weight in the bed, dog riding with his head out the window???
    Normal tires. But is dually. Nothing in box. Set cruise. Flat land. Yes winter fuel. The part that kills me is my other truck is 5.9 and spins 400 more rpm and gets three miles more to gallon following me at same speed. And has no programmer. All stock.

6. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Ya I hear you now. I had 2 duallies with 6.7s deleted. An 08, and a 12. Sixteen mpg on winter fuel is it bud. Which I was gonna say ain't bad for a dually in my opinion.

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

7. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RATLIN'HP View Post
    Ya I hear you now. I had 2 duallies with 6.7s deleted. An 08, and a 12. Sixteen mpg on winter fuel is it bud. Which I was gonna say ain't bad for a dually in my opinion.
    I guess I'm just use to all my 5.9 cummins. This is my first 6.7. Non of my 5.9 ever had this bad of fuel mileage. But I guess it is what it is.

8. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr bill View Post
    Normal tires. But is dually. Nothing in box. Set cruise. Flat land. Yes winter fuel. The part that kills me is my other truck is 5.9 and spins 400 more rpm and gets three miles more to gallon following me at same speed. And has no programmer. All stock.
    5.9 will get a little better

Being a dually you're right where it's going to be. With summer fuel you'll probably be around 17 maybe 18. Remember that's a 8000+ pound truck

Only way you'll get any better is dump a few thousand into it on top of what's spent already

9. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

And I for got to add my mileage was not much worse with my truck all stock.

10. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr bill View Post
    I did the deletes and changed exhaust. And no matter what I change on my programmer I can not get more than sixteen miles to gallon. Its a 2012 3500. And I tried all different speeds to make sure I was not over running it. Any help would be appreciated.
    That's for the most part average mileage you are gonna get mostly

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast