Likes Likes:  23
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: break in period before towing

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: break in period before towing

Quote Originally Posted by AnOldBiker View Post
    I agree wth the old coot.

When mine was new, I did the 500, then towed and kept it easy on the speed for the first 1,500 miles .. as my book said.

But my friend bought new .. had less a tad over 100 miles .. lock and loaded a 10,000 pound trailer, loaded his daughters belongings and move her from SoCal to Denver. Three trips and that was done .. then his home on wheels for the family vacation trip. He never had a problem.

When you take your trip with the trailer, take it easy to give her a chance to stretch her wings, then .............. (actually give you a chance to get the feel of the truck handling and suck)
    I did better than that. I picked up a 73 Imperial Limo with my trailer. Drove to the dealer where I traded in the truck. Backed under the trailer, hooked up, unplugged the EGR valve, and went to New Hampshire. I had my 07.5 bought backso it was an easy swap

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

2. Likes NC4stroker, watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

I bought a new 2016 ram/cummins and did not follow the break in procedure, at 25k miles I had some gear noise........

4. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cummins4Charlie View Post
    I bought a new 2016 ram/cummins and did not follow the break in procedure, at 25k miles I had some gear noise........

Oh Oh !

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AnOldBiker View Post
    Oh Oh !
    So, what we are saying here is get the extended powertrain warranty and feign ignorance...

8. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12