Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  6

Thread: Fuel filter questions

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Fuel filter questions

Is there any good quality Cat fuel filters that will fit the stock 2007.5 6.7L filter/water seperator? Or is there another brand I could use to filter down to 2 microns? Just want to protect the injectors the best that I can.

2. Likes DDP liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Fuel filter questions

Fleetguard Fuel and Oil Filters are what I use they are made by Cummins for Cummins the fuel filter goes down to 3 microns I believe you can buy it from genos garage for about $ 72 and change I believe

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

4. Likes Polaraco liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

@Sunflake
    You'd have to run some sort of dual remote fuel filter/water sep to get it down to 2 microns. I ran a frame mounted set up like that on my 08. Pretty easy install and worked great. No idea where I got it but maybe @Dude's Diesel Performance can help.

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, DDP thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, DDP, Polaraco liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sunflake View Post
    Is there any good quality Cat fuel filters that will fit the stock 2007.5 6.7L filter/water seperator? Or is there another brand I could use to filter down to 2 microns? Just want to protect the injectors the best that I can.
    I have GDP remote filter and big line kit... 2 micron and keeps up with 200 tune & 90 HP injectors.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

2012 CCSB Saddle Brown Pearl... DRD tuned

8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RATLIN'HP View Post
    @Sunflake
    You'd have to run some sort of dual remote fuel filter/water sep to get it down to 2 microns. I ran a frame mounted set up like that on my 08. Pretty easy install and worked great. No idea where I got it but maybe @Dude's Diesel Performance can help.
    Thanks I saw this set up and was wondering if maybe the filter would work on a stock. It mounts down by the frame and they advise leaving the stock filter in place and it filters down to 2 microns.

http://m.dieselfuelfilterkits.com/?u...ades.html#3096

9. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Definitley can look into that for ya bud!! I'll send you a pm as soon as I get some info!

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

10. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Thought I posted this but thanks @RATLIN'HP very much appreciated!

Dude's Diesel Performance
    281-895-DUDE (3833)

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

11. Thanks RATLIN'HP thanked for this post
    Likes RATLIN'HP liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #8
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

You can buy or make your own setup. The filter bases are not that expensive and mine are Baldwin FB1311. But you can get them through NAPA or most parts store in thier brand name. If your handy with metal, you can make it fit most anywhere under your truck. I was waiting for my home to be built, so I bought one from a company called XXFuel (I think they are out of business now) out of Salt Lake. I'll put a picture at the end.

But my friend wanted one and we got some steel and bent and welded as needed. And it went on without a hitch. This style only bolts on where the two bolts are for the driver seat, so there is no holes in the frame and such. Filters can be bought from several places and still meet the 2 micron desire.

If you take your time, handy with metal and a little imagination you can have it done in one weekend.

Attached Images Attached Images

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

13. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AnOldBiker View Post
    You can buy or make your own setup. The filter bases are not that expensive and mine are Baldwin FB1311. But you can get them through NAPA or most parts store in thier brand name. If your handy with metal, you can make it fit most anywhere under your truck. I was waiting for my home to be built, so I bought one from a company called XXFuel (I think they are out of business now) out of Salt Lake. I'll put a picture at the end.

But my friend wanted one and we got some steel and bent and welded as needed. And it went on without a hitch. This style only bolts on where the two bolts are for the driver seat, so there is no holes in the frame and such. Filters can be bought from several places and still meet the 2 micron desire.

If you take your time, handy with metal and a little imagination you can have it done in one weekend.
    That is a pretty slick setup bud nice job

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

14. Top Of Page | #10
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

It was funny, I paid bucks for mine since I lived out of a hotel room at the time when the house was being built and couldn't get to my tools.

My new neghbor then, now friend, had to buy some hose, fittings and the filter bases, but he had the steel in his barn. The labor was ours and it cost coffee until we were done, then to some beer. The paint was in my basement (the house was done). So he got by cheap.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan