Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  8
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bad diesel fuel in new truck!

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Bad diesel fuel in new truck!

Quote Originally Posted by AnOldBiker View Post
    If they drained the tank and refilled, changed the filter and it's running fine .. your good to go.

Diesel can be so called bad if it was off specification in the blend. Water is the biggest issue. But where there was water, even in the fuel station storage tanks, and it might not get to your tank, but if there was 'growth' in their fuel tank, it can be transfered to your tank. This could be one of the issues they found. If it was growth, there are products for sale to kill this. Since they cleaned the tank, they woulld know what it was, and cleared it. Your oil and such is fine.

Either way, I'd talk to the dealer and get it in writing. Plus the repair cost, if any, that you spent. Take this and your reciept to the station dealer and have them repay you for all loss out of your pocket. If they say no, find their corporate office and address this with them.

No matter what, if they repay you or not, don't go back for fuel, consider writing the BBB and pass the word to other diesel owners. Bad 'PR' is worst then the bad fuel they sell.

This happened to me at a Mobil station and in time, they lost customers and closed. To many were passing bad reviews.
    BBB is a joke.

I might suggest you run a cleaner through it anyway. These higher pressure injectors are very sensitive. Even water can damage them.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

2. Thanks TXRAM thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Re: Bad diesel fuel in new truck!

Quote Originally Posted by TXRAM View Post
    Long story short, I got some bad diesel at a gas station and truck ended up dying on me on the freeway the next day. Had it towed to dealer and they said fuel pump wasn't getting gas to engine. Then further inspection of fuel and tank they told me it was bad diesel fuel. They drained and cleaned the tank, replaced the fuel pump, and I told them to go ahead and replace the fuel filters. The truck starts fine and seems to run fine, but my question to everyone is should I worry about anything else or do anything else. The truck only has 2100 miles on it but almost the full tank of the bad gas ran through it.
    This is the reason I started writing the milage on top of every fuel rescript. Just in case I needed to prove where my fuel came from and when. The good news for you is it seems the pump took the hardest hit. Anything hat got past the pump would have been caught by he filters. I would change the filters again after logging some miles and then go back to normal intervals.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

4. Thanks TXRAM thanked for this post
    Likes TXRAM liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12