Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  9

Thread: Efi live

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Efi live

I've used box tuners in the past and now thinking of efi live. I drive a 2016 mega cab dually 6.7 cummins,and the plan is to put aftermarket add ons like intake,fuel,etc. Can anyone help with if I where to do the add ons would I have to retune every time I change something?

2. Thanks DDP, IGOTACUMMINS, Squint56 thanked for this post
    Likes DDP, IGOTACUMMINS, Squint56 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Efi live

Hey bud! First of all welcome to the forum and thank you for becoming a member of our family!

EFI Live is definitely a great choice. As for putting it on and having to change everything, you shouldn't have to. When you buy it, you have the choice of what lvl you would like to purchase ( which is completely changeable down the road ).

Lvl one is more or less for a stock truck with everything stock including fueling, intake and exhaust. All of Lvl 1 will support your fuel, intake and exhaust mods. It will give you an additional 50-150 HP as it has 4 shift on the fly levels for you.

Now Lvl 2 or custom tuning- Once you get your truck to where you want it for awhile such as intake, exhaust , head studs, built tranny or whatever you may want. then you can go in and tell them your ready for the lvl 2 or custom tuning.
    From there you will give them exact mods etc. and they will create a custom tune for all of your mods.

Hope this helps ya!!! If you have any more questions or need some clarity let me know by Pm, text or call us! I realize sometimes it's easier to explain over the phone.

Thanks,
    Clayton

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, Bustedknuckles liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dude's Diesel Performance View Post
    Hey bud! First of all welcome to the forum and thank you for becoming a member of our family!

EFI Live is definitely a great choice. As for putting it on and having to change everything, you shouldn't have to. When you buy it, you have the choice of what lvl you would like to purchase ( which is completely changeable down the road ).

Lvl one is more or less for a stock truck with everything stock including fueling, intake and exhaust. All of Lvl 1 will support your fuel, intake and exhaust mods. It will give you an additional 50-150 HP as it has 4 shift on the fly levels for you.

Now Lvl 2 or custom tuning- Once you get your truck to where you want it for awhile such as intake, exhaust , head studs, built tranny or whatever you may want. then you can go in and tell them your ready for the lvl 2 or custom tuning.
    From there you will give them exact mods etc. and they will create a custom tune for all of your mods.

Hope this helps ya!!! If you have any more questions or need some clarity let me know by Pm, text or call us! I realize sometimes it's easier to explain over the phone.

Thanks,
    Clayton
    Good info bud on EFI LIVE

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

6. Thanks DDP, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes DDP, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4
    Permanent Vacation Diesel Dawgs Performance's Avatar

User Info Menu

You really can't go wrong with EFI Live. Just be careful whos tunes you run.

Diesel Dawgs Performance
    (828)399-1556

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5
    Permanent Vacation Calibrated Addiction's Avatar

User Info Menu

Welcome to the forum

EFILive is a great choice on the 4th gen cummins, the negative side to it is you'll still need something in addition to EFILive to unlock the PCM to get rid of the pesky RSA security. There are other options that do and have similar capabilities.

Typically as changing your modifications you wont need a retune with say a cold air intake or intake horn. However if you add things like injectors, aftermarket turbo, upgraded fuel system, then we need to take a look at what needs to be addressed per your modifications. We typically don't charge an extra fee for retuning if it falls within a year of your original purchase date.

As stated above there are many options out there for tuners and be careful on who you select particularly on 4th gen rams. They have never been Truly mapped by EFILive and therefore require some other work to make the file work as needed. Who you choose to do the tuning can make a world of difference in how your truck will run.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Good morning, I have a 2012 completely stock 3500 ram that I tow with regularly for work and as usual, the mileage sucks. I actually own the EFI live software but haven't had the time to learn it enough to mess with the newer 6.7, my 06 5.9 is a different story way easier. I am looking for a tow mileage tune, nothing hp fancy in fact I could care less if it puts down much extra hp at all because I don't want to have to yank the tray anytime soon. The tranny has been bullet proof so far for what I need it to do but again the mileage sucks. Here in TX, they check for all emissions equipment so deleting really isn't an option. Could you tell me the cost for an emailed tune for what I'm describing? Already have the license I need it came with my software.

Thanks for your time
    Colin moultis

12. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

does anyone have a 2014 def/egr delete tune?

13. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

I really don't how to delete with EFI anymore because of the fact some one else other than EFI has to map it out first.

2014 Ram 3500 SRW Maximum Steel, Warp Tuning by Ray, Banks, Monster Ram , American Force Wheels , Nitto Ridge Grapplers, Amp Research Steps

14. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Hey guys i have a question. I have a 2012 2500 and have been using EFI live for at least three years. Now I am not a computer geek and have worked with Cummins for a long time way before they had all of the computers. So that tells you the era I was in. Now I have all the deletes, exhaust, egr and my EFI Live has a switch where you can adjust it to 5 different levels. I have it on level 2 and have never switched to anything else. With 103000 miles on it now the SERV 4WD light comes on once I get up to speed. Seems to be around 5th and 6th gear 50 MPH and up. Does the tuner need updating or isit a tuner issue??????????????????????????????????????