I figure this could go for all truck years with 5ft wife beds so I put it in the main exterior mod section.

1.) I saw a few different Amp extend a beds with the same shape what is all that about?
2.) Why Ram/Mopar vs Amp for the same price?
3.) Does anyone love or miss their old Ford fold up extender?

I'll keep researching, but I thought I would see what you guys think or have experienced. I really want a light weight bed extender. Multiple times now I have had to move my home made 2x12 organizer that fit into the slots in my plastic bed liner. (I know, I know, a spray liner is in the works and I may pull the old liner at this time, it came with it installed.) So, the organizer is needed, but a pain in the but the dozen times I have had to move it in the past 5 months of owning the truck. I have a roll up bed cover so it doesn't just slide up and out, I have to get in, lift up slightly below the taenue bracket, and slide one end forward, good luck with my wife ever being able to do it.

This leads me to needing a bed extender with the quick release latches to removed it when I need to. Amp has upgradeable latches that releases without opening the bed cover. I think they work with the Mopar extender too since the regular latches do. In my research I found the Ford fold up extender and now I'm leaning that way, but have done very little research. I could care less even if it says Ford, I need functionality. I did read that the Amp Research extend a bed fits in a guys Chevy, Ford, and Ram so I'm optimistic that I could mount it. In the video below it looks like just 3 bolts to the same area the other bed extenders mount. I could use a die and tap, maybe locking nuts from behind, or maybe those nut inserts like the Dee Zee tailgate assist had depending on the clearance needed. With the locking style where it has a pin in the middle to hold the Ford extender in place I think it could have a little play on the width needed.

Ford foldable bed extender pics
http://www.f150forum.com/f118/afterm...tender-284399/

Ram = $248 and Amp = $230 to $260
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...d+extender+ram

I could take a piece of 1.5" foam board from home depot and cut off a slice, grab some cheap fiberglass from my local fiberglass shop I frequent for my boat projects, and epoxy it. Cost would be about $60 to $100. I have a few gallons of epoxy so the cost would come down, but it would be such a hassle to make. That still leaves me with the pain of having to open the top, man handle it out of the way vs folding the Ford one out of the way.

This one looks like 2x8 and I like the functions. The circle cut out for weight, folding center, and divider are nice. I could always head this direction. I'll try and find a Ford fold up used on craigslist or something for a deal, while I mod mine until then.