Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: diff and trans fluids

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

diff and trans fluids

What is everyone running for diff fluids and manual trans fluid? how often are you changing it?

2013 megacab soon to be longbed
    Fleece head, 625's, BD Screamer, Drd Tuning, Randy's Stg 2, 4:30's, 37" Toyos

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: diff and trans fluids

I'm interested to see what everyone's thoughts are as well. In my 07.5, I ran straight Mobil Delvac STF 50 - it was great once warm and helped with solid flywheel noise.

With my SB 3250 on the way for the 2014, I'm considering something a little more friendly in cold weather. The shop I purchased the clutch from (who is a distributor/installer that has been exclusive SB guys for 15+ years) has recommended Royal Purple HPS 10W30 or 10W40. Not that I think there's anything wrong with going that route, but it does concern me that out of all the research I've done, I haven't seen this recommendation anywhere else.

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Re: diff and trans fluids

For the differentials a lot of guys are running Amsoil 75W90

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

4. Likes fourteen liked this post