Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  5

Thread: 2016 Aisin rough shifting after tuning

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

2016 Aisin rough shifting after tuning

Hey guys, so I've recently tuned and deleted my 2016 with an as69rc with warp tuning by ray on the mm3. I baby the truck but I'm fully aware of the risks with adding power to a stock Aisin.

I've been reading on here and other forums about the Aisins shifting gets rough above 120hp tuning, so the other day I turned it on the 120 and did some driving. Loved the amount of power it had, feels like a whole new truck and the shifting didn't seem weird at all maybe just a little on the harsher side but nothing weird. I ran it for two days and drove it pretty good but no boosted launches or anything too crazy.

Today back on my 60hp ecm file I noticed my shift into 4th would de-fuel and then kind of make an acceleration noise and then shift into gear kind of hard, almost like it was lagging. It did this only into 4th gear all morning. This afternoon on my way into work the shifts seem to be getting better and back to normal.

Would this be the transmission thinking I was driving it hard and needing to shift like that? Thus needing to relearn my driving habits to calm the shifts down? Or is it something inside the transmission slipping or a torque converter problem? I don't feel like my transmission is failing just want to be aware of what's going on down there and get a better understanding of my transmission.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2016 3500 SRW CCLB 3:42 AS69RC. 5" Flopro straight pipe, MM3 tuned by DoubleRDiesel. Plans for a 700+hp daily driver.

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, fourteen thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: 2016 Aisin rough shifting after tuning

Sounds like your transmission is still learning

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, david3gen liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by marvincameron View Post
    Sounds like your transmission is still learning

Good to know. Thanks!

2016 3500 SRW CCLB 3:42 AS69RC. 5" Flopro straight pipe, MM3 tuned by DoubleRDiesel. Plans for a 700+hp daily driver.

6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BraedenDore View Post
    Hey guys, so I've recently tuned and deleted my 2016 with an as69rc with warp tuning by ray on the mm3. I baby the truck but I'm fully aware of the risks with adding power to a stock Aisin.

I've been reading on here and other forums about the Aisins shifting gets rough above 120hp tuning, so the other day I turned it on the 120 and did some driving. Loved the amount of power it had, feels like a whole new truck and the shifting didn't seem weird at all maybe just a little on the harsher side but nothing weird. I ran it for two days and drove it pretty good but no boosted launches or anything too crazy.

Today back on my 60hp ecm file I noticed my shift into 4th would de-fuel and then kind of make an acceleration noise and then shift into gear kind of hard, almost like it was lagging. It did this only into 4th gear all morning. This afternoon on my way into work the shifts seem to be getting better and back to normal.

Would this be the transmission thinking I was driving it hard and needing to shift like that? Thus needing to relearn my driving habits to calm the shifts down? Or is it something inside the transmission slipping or a torque converter problem? I don't feel like my transmission is failing just want to be aware of what's going on down there and get a better understanding of my transmission.

I would PM Ray at Double R Diesel and get his input bud

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN View Post
    I would PM Ray at Double R Diesel and get his input bud
    Good call. There's not really a ton of tuned Aisins out there with input like the 68 but thought I would give it a shot. There seems to be a massive debate about this tranny. Revmax says it's no good but Ram claims it can take like 50% more torque than the 68. Makes ya kinda nervous when you hear it's no good plus no trans tuning.

8. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Hey, everybody
    I just recently tuned w/ mm3/anarcy i have the aisin trans and I have been having trans issues for awhile they started out as clunking and shuddering few trips to the dealer for flashes and relearn and no change.
    then I deleted and went back to the dealer and they had a new trans update which helped the clunking, but now I have a pause from 1st-2nd(not a big deal) and slipping as it goes into 4th gear with mid throttle its like
    slip,slip,slip... 4th engaged. Any other aisin owners experiencing similar issues?

9. Thanks fourteen thanked for this post
    Likes RezStyle Cummins liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #7
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I have a 14 dually with 4.10's and edge Cummings unlock with Hardway tuning. My aisin definitely does not like the higher hp tunes. It shifts really weird like revving between gears. as long as I keep it on the stock (30 hp) or the 60 hp it does fine. I tow 15 k and always leave it on stock and it shifts good. If I turn it up to 3 or 4 it freaks out. Like it is all confused

11. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Hmmm, I have a 2015 Ram 3500 with the Aisin. Been deleted and tuned since 21,000 miles. I have nothing but awesome things to say about this transmission. Utterly amazing! I run a 225 HP tune from Ray. I don't abuse it by any means but I've never had a bit of trouble. I have 172,000 miles on it too. Pretty much have a solid 600 HP to the rear wheels. Maybe I'm lucky..... All I've done is change the oil every 70,000 miles as instructed.

What I have noticed is that you have to let it relearn some. Don't just change HP output and poor the coals to it. The Aisin is independant of the motor so it doesn't know you changed from 30 to 120 or in my case from a 30 HP tow haul setting to an all out 225 HP tune. Just take it easy when changing tunes and treat it with some care. I can get on mine WOF and it feels amazing.

RevMax makes a badass Aisin that can handle up to 850 HP. That is why they say the stock Aisin is weak. In my opinion it's just a way to convince you to pay $8,000 for their rebuild Aisin instead of a stock Aisin for $8000. But if I need a new transmission I would buy a RevMax anyways. ))))))

Raceme Ultra w/ Warp Tuning and 5" TBE W/ 7" Tip
    FASS 150 gph AFE Stage 2 CAI
    Pusher 3.5" Blade Runner and Intercooler Kit
    Stage 2 GDS 73/14 Turbo with a BD Manifold
    Flo Pro EGR Delete ARP 425 studs
    6" BDS 4 Link Long Arm Suspension
    37x13.50R20 w/ 20x10 Fuel Striker Rims

12. Thanks Cummins7 thanked for this post
  13. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Fulldrawassassin View Post
    Hmmm, I have a 2015 Ram 3500 with the Aisin. Been deleted and tuned since 21,000 miles. I have nothing but awesome things to say about this transmission. Utterly amazing! I run a 225 HP tune from Ray. I don't abuse it by any means but I've never had a bit of trouble. I have 172,000 miles on it too. Pretty much have a solid 600 HP to the rear wheels. Maybe I'm lucky..... All I've done is change the oil every 70,000 miles as instructed.

What I have noticed is that you have to let it relearn some. Don't just change HP output and poor the coals to it. The Aisin is independant of the motor so it doesn't know you changed from 30 to 120 or in my case from a 30 HP tow haul setting to an all out 225 HP tune. Just take it easy when changing tunes and treat it with some care. I can get on mine WOF and it feels amazing.

RevMax makes a badass Aisin that can handle up to 850 HP. That is why they say the stock Aisin is weak. In my opinion it's just a way to convince you to pay $8,000 for their rebuild Aisin instead of a stock Aisin for $8000. But if I need a new transmission I would buy a RevMax anyways. ))))))
    How often do you change your oil?

14. Likes CumminsTradesmen liked this post