Thanks Thanks:  14
Likes Likes:  52
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Two tone tweak?

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Two tone tweak?

Quote Originally Posted by ksmitchell View Post
    I like options 2 I am thinking of doing that option to mine.
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I spent some time at Budget Truck and Auto in Janesville WI last week. They wrap vehicles with vinyl and do a bunch of other stuff. They showed me a Lamborghini they wrapped -- WOW! It was nice. I had them quote wrapping the rockers and fender flares in 3M black carbon fiber, the bumpers in gloss black and parts of the grill in black carbon fiber. After substantial negotiation, I ended up with a $1,725 quote. Not bad for all the work they'd be doing. HOWEVER,,,, my wife is taking a little time to warm up to all the things I'm doing to my (her) truck (i.e., tuning, wheels, tires, suspension, light bars, RetroShop headlights, etc...), so I decided to wait on this until next year (if ever). I'm getting a new grille, and I'll get some of it wrapped in black to tone down the chrome. I'll post pics when she's done... Hopefully it will look really nice or I'll be living in Chateau Bow Wow for a very long time! She loves this truck. Before I bought the 2500, I brought home a EcoDiesel to show her. She said, "That's a toy truck! Go get a REAL truck!!" I love her!!!!!

2014 Laramie 2500 CCSB - DRD MM3 Tuning, H&S SX-E 66mm Turbo Kit (DRD Giveaway #2), RevMax VB, Goerend Low Stall Converter & Billet Input Shaft, CA625 Head Studs, Custom Offsets MKW M95 Wheels, Nitto 11.5x35-R20 Ridge Grapplers, Carbon Fiber Vinyl Wrapped Rockers, Wrapped Bumpers & Grille, Thuren Springs & Swaybar, Phantom Sun Light Bar, Westin Rear Booster Pods, Retroshop HIDs & Fogs & Backup LEDs, Wireless Air Lift 5000, Flo-Pro 4" SST Exhaust, FTEDiesel 30" resonator, AMP Bed Step, Rebadged, Truxport Tonneau, Undercoated, Alpine Sub & Amp, and more. Matt 22:37, Proverbs 16:24

2. Likes ksmitchell, Power247, david3gen, walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Muskiebri View Post
    I spent some time at Budget Truck and Auto in Janesville WI last week. They wrap vehicles with vinyl and do a bunch of other stuff. They showed me a Lamborghini they wrapped -- WOW! It was nice. I had them quote wrapping the rockers and fender flares in 3M black carbon fiber, the bumpers in gloss black and parts of the grill in black carbon fiber. After substantial negotiation, I ended up with a $1,725 quote. Not bad for all the work they'd be doing. HOWEVER,,,, my wife is taking a little time to warm up to all the things I'm doing to my (her) truck (i.e., tuning, wheels, tires, suspension, light bars, RetroShop headlights, etc...), so I decided to wait on this until next year (if ever). I'm getting a new grille, and I'll get some of it wrapped in black to tone down the chrome. I'll post pics when she's done... Hopefully it will look really nice or I'll be living in Chateau Bow Wow for a very long time! She loves this truck. Before I bought the 2500, I brought home a EcoDiesel to show her. She said, "That's a toy truck! Go get a REAL truck!!" I love her!!!!!
    That's not too bad. I am leaning more towards line-x or something along those lines, I was looking at vinyl at first. I think it would scratch and tear easier then line-x however.

4. Thanks Muskiebri thanked for this post
    Likes Muskiebri, walla2k5 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ksmitchell View Post
    I am leaning more towards line-x or something along those lines, I was looking at vinyl at first. I think it would scratch and tear easier then line-x however.
    I have Line-X in my bed. It's nice. I want a smoother surface on the body, flares and grille. I'm only an on-roader, and they guarantee the wrap for 5 or 7 yrs (depends on which version you get). So I'm okay with that for sure.

2014 Laramie 2500 CCSB - DRD MM3 Tuning, H&S SX-E 66mm Turbo Kit (DRD Giveaway #2), RevMax VB, Goerend Low Stall Converter & Billet Input Shaft, CA625 Head Studs, Custom Offsets MKW M95 Wheels, Nitto 11.5x35-R20 Ridge Grapplers, Carbon Fiber Vinyl Wrapped Rockers, Wrapped Bumpers & Grille, Thuren Springs & Swaybar, Phantom Sun Light Bar, Westin Rear Booster Pods, Retroshop HIDs & Fogs & Backup LEDs, Wireless Air Lift 5000, Flo-Pro 4" SST Exhaust, FTEDiesel 30" resonator, AMP Bed Step, Rebadged, Truxport Tonneau, Undercoated, Alpine Sub & Amp, and more. Matt 22:37, Proverbs 16:24

6. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

You can get it less rough, however if you are on pavement most on the time a wrap would be a good way to go.

8. Thanks Muskiebri thanked for this post
    Likes Muskiebri, walla2k5 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

A few people have asked me about my carbon fiber vinyl wrap, and the vinyl wrap job in general. The bumpers, rockers, part of the grille are wrapped. Bumpers and grille are gloss black, rockers are carbon fiber. It's all 3M material. It's been about a year now and it's holding up well. Here's some pics. I shoulda gave the tires the wet look

Stock Truck:
    Stock Ram1.jpg

After exterior mods:

Front.jpg

Ram 3.jpg

Ram 2.jpg

Ram 7 Carbon fiber flares and rockers.jpg

Ram 5.jpg

10. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Them look awesome.

Great job.

*Ask about becoming a Lifetime Platinum Member Today*

"The grass is greener where you water it"

11. Thanks Muskiebri thanked for this post
  12. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

I've always been a fan of the monochrome look. My current truck is 2 tone Laramie. It's ok but I'd prefer it to be all white I think. I was considering plasti Dip ing all my silver with white , it's cheap and removable. It's not super durable if you tape it somewhere though. I never considered wrapping it tho! What was the cost to do the wrap if you don't mind? I'd do my lower, running boards and flares. Maybe the grille as well as I can't seem to find a white one anywhere online.

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

2013 Laramie 2500 CC. Warp tuning on RaceMe. 2 inch level w/35s.

13. Likes cumminsbadgirl, david3gen, walla2k5 liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

I love the two tone collor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 dodge ram 2500 laramie crew cab 5.9 cummins. 10x20 et-24 fuel offroad with 275.60r20 tires. bully dog gt tuner. 48re ATS built tranny triple disc converter ATS oilpan and transgo quick shifter. 4" turbo back exhaust. brembo discs and pads

15. Thanks Noneck thanked for this post
    Likes Noneck, cumminsbadgirl, walla2k5 liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

I'm thinking of doing some kind of Rhino liner on mine.

2012 RAM 2500 DRD Complete 5'' Flow Pro EGR Delete S&B Cold Air Intake Carlie 3'' Leveling Kit 1'' Rear Leaf Lift Fuel Vapor Dark Tint Wheels Nitto 33'' Ridge Grapplers

17. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  18. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

I looked at doings this on mine to add some color (all white) the main complaint I heard about rhino liner is it fades after a year or two and is hard to get clean.

If you’re stuck on that idea shoot it with plastidip first to make sure you like it. If you don’t peel it off and leave it. If you do then you’ll know

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

19. Likes Noneck liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12