Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Noob suspension question

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Noob suspension question

So a friend shared this today. 2017 Ram 2500 4WD, 8" coilover lift with Dirt Logic 4.0s

How exactly does one put coilovers on a radius arm truck?

I can only imagine the ride quality is superior to a typical radius arm drop style lift.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

2021 3500 Mega HO DRW

2. Thanks Yamaha242LS thanked for this post
    Likes Yamaha242LS liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Noob suspension question

Can only be better than the older model control arm setups! I would imagine you could do a coil over wherever there's a coil spring set up. Let us know how the ride quality is if he reviews it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by theaaronbush View Post
    Can only be better than the older model control arm setups! I would imagine you could do a coil over wherever there's a coil spring set up. Let us know how the ride quality is if he reviews it.

I'm just interested in the logistics of the actual mounting process. Fabtech says on their kit that there's a good amount of welding involved to put coilovers on these trucks.

Just can't find anything specific.

Unfortunately, I won't get a review like that. The truck is in his shop for basic upgrades and will be gone today or tomorrow.

Also the prices for these kits are in the $4000 range...Carlis 6" radius arm setup is half that and drastically over engineered in comparison.

2021 3500 Mega HO DRW

5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RamIt View Post
    I'm just interested in the logistics of the actual mounting process. Fabtech says on their kit that there's a good amount of welding involved to put coilovers on these trucks.

Just can't find anything specific.

Unfortunately, I won't get a review like that. The truck is in his shop for basic upgrades and will be gone today or tomorrow.

Also the prices for these kits are in the $4000 range...Carlis 6" radius arm setup is half that and drastically over engineered in comparison.

I guess I could see where there would be significant modifications because on 13+, the shock is outside the coil...the only way for my 2012 to get a decent ride like your's would be with a long arm conversion.

6. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by theaaronbush View Post
    I guess I could see where there would be significant modifications because on 13+, the shock is outside the coil...the only way for my 2012 to get a decent ride like your's would be with a long arm conversion.

Yep that's why I'm a bit confused. I see how the coilspring mounts up top but the bottom confuses me.

2021 3500 Mega HO DRW