Geno's Garage

Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  12

Thread: Draconian Reviews

1. Top Of Page | #1

Draconian Reviews

Got this review this morning on CF. Thought I would share it here. Regardless of what happens we always try to make it right. Not going to leave you guys hanging...

So here is my experience with the MM3 and Draconian I purchased the unit with what was supposed to be delete pipe only on 12/2. I told the person on the phone that I didn't want the in cab noise to be to loud but did not want to hamper performance. I was told my best option would be delete pipe only by doing this it would leave the downpipe in place which would help muffle the sound. Sounded good to me so I went with it gave me a price for the exhaust which I thought was high so I questioned them on it and discounted it still was high but figured small shop has to make money so I went with it. Received the mm3 the next week but no exhaust finally the exhaust came bout 2.5 weeks later (on back order) at that time I figured out why the exhaust was higher than other places I checked. It was the wrong exhaust had downpipe with it sent a pm to Dave and got it straightened out received in the nick of time to install it on time off for Christmas. After install found rt would not load simple YouTube video and update to the mm3 and good to go. Did the 30 mile trans relearn for 100 miles, went on a hunting trip 19 mpg at 75mph Switched it to street tune 100hp and..... Monumental disappointment. Could barely tell a difference between street and stock tried performance and could definitely tell a difference but no way am I running it in this all the time it was described as "not drivetrain safe". Trans tuning was almost like stock with a long 4th and Tc lockup at the very end of 4th didn't like it at all. After a few weeks of being pist I called the shop and asked if I could get a partial refund for tuning only that said they would let dave know. With in a couple hours I received an email from dave wanting to know why I was unhappy with his tuning I gave him my thoughts and concerns with it and received new tunes. I have tested the trans tuning over the past several weeks and I can say it is way better than before. The power was the same however he did give me some different hp tunes to try (150 street) but I'm not one to just throw power at something there had to be a issue in my truck. I see other posts about how much of a difference there is between power levels well I came across a pic of someone gutting a downpipe and that looked like a lot more than just a baffle as I was told. I ordered a diamond eye quite tone downpipe and delete pipe and installed BINGO I found my lack of power issue. This thing is more responsive, quicker spool, and I can feel the power on street 100hp now big time.
    I'm going to say that leaving the downpipe installed will not make a power difference is NOT correct. I'm very pleased with the tuning now and would recommend it and am sorry for shying people away from your tuning in pm's Dave, but at the time I could not recommend it. Would still like to see even earlier Tc lockup with tow/ haul option.

Nick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Draconian Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by davematthews View Post
    Got this review this morning on CF. Thought I would share it here. Regardless of what happens we always try to make it right. Not going to leave you guys hanging...

So here is my experience with the MM3 and Draconian I purchased the unit with what was supposed to be delete pipe only on 12/2. I told the person on the phone that I didn't want the in cab noise to be to loud but did not want to hamper performance. I was told my best option would be delete pipe only by doing this it would leave the downpipe in place which would help muffle the sound. Sounded good to me so I went with it gave me a price for the exhaust which I thought was high so I questioned them on it and discounted it still was high but figured small shop has to make money so I went with it. Received the mm3 the next week but no exhaust finally the exhaust came bout 2.5 weeks later (on back order) at that time I figured out why the exhaust was higher than other places I checked. It was the wrong exhaust had downpipe with it sent a pm to Dave and got it straightened out received in the nick of time to install it on time off for Christmas. After install found rt would not load simple YouTube video and update to the mm3 and good to go. Did the 30 mile trans relearn for 100 miles, went on a hunting trip 19 mpg at 75mphhttp://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/im...lies/smile.gif Switched it to street tune 100hp and..... Monumental disappointment. Could barely tell a difference between street and stock tried performance and could definitely tell a difference but no way am I running it in this all the time it was described as "not drivetrain safe". Trans tuning was almost like stock with a long 4th and Tc lockup at the very end of 4th didn't like it at all. After a few weeks of being pist I called the shop and asked if I could get a partial refund for tuning only that said they would let dave know. With in a couple hours I received an email from dave wanting to know why I was unhappy with his tuning I gave him my thoughts and concerns with it and received new tunes. I have tested the trans tuning over the past several weeks and I can say it is way better than before. The power was the same however he did give me some different hp tunes to try (150 street) but I'm not one to just throw power at something there had to be a issue in my truck. I see other posts about how much of a difference there is between power levels well I came across a pic of someone gutting a downpipe and that looked like a lot more than just a baffle as I was told. I ordered a diamond eye quite tone downpipe and delete pipe and installed BINGO I found my lack of power issue. This thing is more responsive, quicker spool, and I can feel the power on street 100hp now big time.
    I'm going to say that leaving the downpipe installed will not make a power difference is NOT correct. I'm very pleased with the tuning now and would recommend it and am sorry for shying people away from your tuning in pm's Dave, but at the time I could not recommend it. Would still like to see even earlier Tc lockup with tow/ haul option.

Nick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wow you weren't happy in the beginning but at least he tried to make you happy in the end

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

3. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, AnOldBiker liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

No. He was not very happy. It was very frustrating because we knew there was not any issues with the power levels on the tuning. He was one of the very first MM3 customers for us and at that time MM3 didn't have the line pressure ramp rates during lockup nailed down. That's been taken care of now, so there's no issues with the trans side of things anymore. I would have never thought that I would see a DownPipe make that big of a difference. But, in this case, that's exactly what happened.

5. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Awesome! thank you for posting! very pleased to hear that it was able to get all sorted out. the beginning stages of new programmers are always frustrating lol.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK
    INSTAGRAM
    TWITTER

7. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

Extremely frustrating. The .26 release from MM3 was just as bad. Every tuner with .26 or .27 firmware on it. Has to have files saved in .26 or .27. I know why they did it. And I like the changes. It helps protect the tuning. But its still going to be an issue till all the people we have tuned up till this point update theirs and realize they can't use their old tunes. I'm sure in 5 years I'll get an email saying they bought it on such and such date and it won't work now that they updated.

We still get calls from 2011/2012 asking if we've updated tuning on the Mini Max. Even got a call the other day that the customer thought we were tech support for H&S. That one was funny.

9. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

I can't even get a call back from anyone at Draconian after sending an email and calling the shop! Customer service after they get your money is apparently not important!

@davematthews