Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  7

Thread: Led lighting questions

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Led lighting questions

I'm needing to replace a few bulbs on my truck and was considering led bulbs. I'm going to stay with halogens for the headlights. But was considering leds for everything else. Has anyone done this before? What's the pros ands cons to it? And was there extra stuff needed to get them to run right?

2. Thanks Pimpw3ld3r25_8 thanked for this post
    Likes Pimpw3ld3r25_8 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Led lighting questions

Quote Originally Posted by rlf_racing View Post
    I'm needing to replace a few bulbs on my truck and was considering led bulbs. I'm going to stay with halogens for the headlights. But was considering leds for everything else. Has anyone done this before? What's the pros ands cons to it? And was there extra stuff needed to get them to run right?
    What year I'm in the process of doing all mine now I already did tail and reverse lights and the reverse lights are night and day difference probably do plate lights at lunch today and cab/ third brake tomorrow or Thursday then only have front turn signals and inside to do on my '12 I think I only needed the resistors on rear tail to keep damn evic from yelling at me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Thanks rlf_racing, TX NIGHT TRAIN thanked for this post
    Likes rlf_racing, TX NIGHT TRAIN liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Led lighting questions

Quote Originally Posted by Pimpw3ld3r25_8 View Post
    What year I'm in the process of doing all mine now I already did tail and reverse lights and the reverse lights are night and day difference probably do plate lights at lunch today and cab/ third brake tomorrow or Thursday then only have front turn signals and inside to do on my '12 I think I only needed the resistors on rear tail to keep damn evic from yelling at me

Mine is a 2006 2500 Mega Cab.
    Did you have to add any extra hardware to make the work or were they plug in and good to go?

6. Thanks Pimpw3ld3r25_8 thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rlf_racing View Post
    Mine is a 2006 2500 Mega Cab.
    You should probably be ok with just resistors on taillights what kinda info were you looking for ?

8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

On the taillights I had to add a resistor on each light but only the tail/turn signals and I'll probably have to add resistors to front turn signals but it's really easy and for the most part it's plug and play even my led headlights were plug and play

9. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

But a lot depends on your year because I think newer models you might need a resistor on each light but not sure on that

10. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Also keep in mind that some led light bulbs already come with resistors or whatever is needed built in. im not 100% sure what websites do that exactly but it shouldnt be hard to find!!

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

11. Likes Pimpw3ld3r25_8 liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dude's Diesel Performance View Post
    Also keep in mind that some led light bulbs already come with resistors or whatever is needed built in. im not 100% sure what websites do that exactly but it shouldnt be hard to find!!
    True LOL I just got a wild hair to do mine one day so just got mine from Orielys all except my headlights

13. Thanks DDP thanked for this post
    Likes DDP liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Pimpw3ld3r25_8 View Post
    True LOL I just got a wild hair to do mine one day so just got mine from Orielys all except my headlights

Next time you want led's order the from superbrightleds.com awesome selection of led's and light bars and whatever else you may need in lights

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

15. Thanks Pimpw3ld3r25_8, RCK48 thanked for this post