Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  4

Thread: Restricted banjo fitting?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Restricted banjo fitting?

so i recently rebuilt my Cummins and now that its all done i find a banjo bolt that has a restriction inside of it can anybody tell me where this banjo is supposed to go?

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Restricted banjo fitting?

Quote Originally Posted by dmuney View Post
    so i recently rebuilt my Cummins and now that its all done i find a banjo bolt that has a restriction inside of it can anybody tell me where this banjo is supposed to go?
    You are going to give more info and pictures if you are able to bud

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

3. Thanks dmuney thanked for this post
    Likes dmuney liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

The only banjos I know of are in the fuel system. There's one on the back of the head for the return too. At least it's external. LOL

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

5. Thanks dmuney thanked for this post
    Likes dmuney liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

i know about the pics sorry, but my phone died. Yes fuel line bango bolts if you look down the threaded end towards the head the normal hole has something inside of it and i'm attempting to figue out where it goes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    The only banjos I know of are in the fuel system. There's one on the back of the head for the return too. At least it's external. LOL

7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

On the 98.5-02 VP44 trucks that bolt holds the fuel return line(line from the back of the head) to the injection pump, so I would think on your truck it would hold the same line but on the CR trucks that line goes to the fuel filter canister i believe.

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, dmuney thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, dmuney liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Thawks View Post
    On the 98.5-02 VP44 trucks that bolt holds the fuel return line(line from the back of the head) to the injection pump, so I would think on your truck it would hold the same line but on the CR trucks that line goes to the fuel filter canister i believe.
    ok so which one at the filter housing front or rear ? Yes for a common rail

10. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

ok that banjo with the restrictor goes in the back of the cylinder head problem solved BTW this caused a knocking noise similar to a connecting rod knock