Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  5

Thread: Raceme ultra getting perform service

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Raceme ultra getting perform service

Hey guys. I have a 2013 cummins fully deleted with raceme ultra. I'm getting a perform service at Wot. I changed the CCV filter at 65,000 and did the CCV reroute when I installed the tuner. I'm not sure why I'm getting this. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Matt

2. Likes theaaronbush liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Raceme ultra getting perform service

You should gut the filter if you rerouted it...might be too much pressure because you don't have the vacuum from the Turbo pulling the blow by through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Likes Cummins7 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Is gutting it good for lowering drive pressure or does haveing it all intact keep drive pressure lower. I just changed my filter couple months ago.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I guess I basically set myself up for failure because I want I installed the GDP reroute I pretty much just installed a second filter. I'm going to gut the filter today. Thanks for the help.

7. Thanks theaaronbush, moore81 thanked for this post
    Likes theaaronbush liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Yamaha242LS View Post
    Is gutting it good for lowering drive pressure or does haveing it all intact keep drive pressure lower. I just changed my filter couple months ago.

Gutting the filter actually relieves the pressure on the crankcase. Without that vacuum from the Turbo, you won't be pulling those gasses out so you don't want to restrict the flow. The filter is also a seal so after the filter medium is removed, the plastic case needs to be installed back into the crankcase location. Just use a large screw driver or a sharp chisel to remove the medium. It will take a little bit to get it all out because they use some pretty awesome glue!! I actually bought a 6 foot length of 3/4" heater hose and ran it from the crankcase vent and zip tied it out of the way down by the frame. You will experience a small amount of oil residue in any of the setups whether it's the factory plumbing, GDP filter or like I did with the hose. I'd rather a drip of oil here and there on the garage floor than caking up the Turbo.

9. Likes Yamaha242LS liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by theaaronbush View Post
    Gutting the filter actually relieves the pressure on the crankcase. Without that vacuum from the Turbo, you won't be pulling those gasses out so you don't want to restrict the flow. The filter is also a seal so after the filter medium is removed, the plastic case needs to be installed back into the crankcase location. Just use a large screw driver or a sharp chisel to remove the medium. It will take a little bit to get it all out because they use some pretty awesome glue!! I actually bought a 6 foot length of 3/4" heater hose and ran it from the crankcase vent and zip tied it out of the way down by the frame. You will experience a small amount of oil residue in any of the setups whether it's the factory plumbing, GDP filter or like I did with the hose. I'd rather a drip of oil here and there on the garage floor than caking up the Turbo.

Sounds good. So it is more or less to save the turbo.

11. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Indeed!! It keeps the impeller clean from the oily residue!

12. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

And out of your intercooler. Once it passes to the turbo it goes into your intercooler and that's where it decides to live

13. Likes theaaronbush liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 9mgcb81 View Post
    And out of your intercooler. Once it passes to the turbo it goes into your intercooler and that's where it decides to live
    Haha!! Yes!