Thanks Thanks:  14
Likes Likes:  19
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Positive Ultra & MM3 Post..

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Positive Ultra & MM3 Post..

I'm new to this forum and have been researching and reading on the Ultra and MM3 tuners. Unfortunately it seems the negative posts out weigh the positive post. In my experience people are going to post about the trouble they are having or had vs the people that have a good experience. I'm wondering if the people that have no complaints or have had a positive experience with their tuners can chime in and let us/me know how things are going with their tuner. Do you like it? Power ok? Settings? easy to load? Tune most used that kind of stuff...Lets see the good stuff...

2. Thanks Bigmack thanked for this post
    Likes Snow Dodge liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Positive Ultra & MM3 Post..

My biggest problem is the fact I didn't do it the day I bought my truck. I have had zero issues what so ever with mine and believe I won't have any. It just works and does what I want when I want it to.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. Thanks ChasManDo, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, Snow Dodge liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Yamaha242LS View Post
    My biggest problem is the fact I didn't do it the day I bought my truck. I have had zero issues what so ever with mine and believe I won't have any. It just works and does what I want when I want it to.

How are you using your Ultra? What tune are you using for your daily driving? What setting have you modified to suit your needs? Thanks for posting your good experience...

6. Likes Yamaha242LS liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ChasManDo View Post
    How are you using your Ultra? What tune are you using for your daily driving? What setting have you modified to suit your needs? Thanks for posting your good experience...
    Warp from Ray. I run his 30 hp 12 valve an tow tune most the time. He made me a boat load of tunes but I stick to the 30. It shifts nice and firm, locks up a lot faster then stock, and just feels like a pulling monster.

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Yamaha242LS View Post
    Warp from Ray. I run his 30 hp 12 valve an tow tune most the time. He made me a boat load of tunes but I stick to the 30. It shifts nice and firm, locks up a lot faster then stock, and just feels like a pulling monster.

Did you go tune from Ray from the get go or did you run the caned tunes for awhile? Sounds like he has got you set up right where you need to be. Great for you...

10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

I was not a fan of the box tuning but I had Ray tune my truck when warp came out and he has my truck dialed in just how I want it. As far as the the hardware I have not had a single problem with it and I purchased it over a year ago. If the mm3 was available at the time I bought it I would have done that from the get go.

Sold. 1999 2500 24v auto. 53 block casualty. Edge comp, 5" exhaust, intake, leveled on 37s
    Sold. 1992 2500 reg cab 5 speed. pods, sb clutch, terrible paintjob
    Sold. 2004 3500 single wheel ccsb. udc tuned smarty, G56 swapped from auto, dual disc valair, ladder bars, 2nd gen swapped manifold, super b special, arp studded, 33% pump, 60hp injectors and bunch of other stuff that I forgot about.

11. Thanks ChasManDo, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  12. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Did you go tune from Ray from the get go or did you run the caned tunes for awhile? Sounds like he has got you set up right where you need to be. Great for you...
    Same boat as @ranger1987. The box tunes worked, I had no real complaints on them at all. My truck was stuck in limp mode because of the def injector failing. The raceme did exactly what I needed it to. Removed the factory garbage, got us up and running, added some hp. Before I went to warp I was running the stock setting with the trans tunning and was really happy with It. I also am not a drag racer, throttle smasher,but I do enjoy knowing it's there.

13. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  14. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ranger1987 View Post
    I was not a fan of the box tuning but I had Ray tune my truck when warp came out and he has my truck dialed in just how I want it. As far as the the hardware I have not had a single problem with it and I purchased it over a year ago. If the mm3 was available at the time I bought it I would have done that from the get go.
    Thanks for your input, it seems many have had trouble with the hardware or at least the implementation part of the install.

15. Likes Yamaha242LS liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Thanks for your input, it seems many have had trouble with the hardware or at least the implementation part of the install.
    Like you said first thing. Anyone with a problem will post here to find a solution. There are thousands of happy users out there.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

2012 CCSB Saddle Brown Pearl... DRD tuned

17. Likes Yamaha242LS liked this post
  18. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

I thought it was fairly easy to install but I work on this kind of stuff for a living. There is some real good posts about install and updating on this forum if you follow them you will be fine.

Sold. 1999 2500 24v auto. 53 block casualty. Edge comp, 5" exhaust, intake, leveled on 37s
    Sold. 1992 2500 reg cab 5 speed. pods, sb clutch, terrible paintjob
    Sold. 2004 3500 single wheel ccsb. udc tuned smarty, G56 swapped from auto, dual disc valair, ladder bars, 2nd gen swapped manifold, super b special, arp studded, 33% pump, 60hp injectors and bunch of other stuff that I forgot about.

19. Likes Yamaha242LS liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast