Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: cable hanging down

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

cable hanging down

I was cleaning my truck earlier and found a cable hanging just in front of the drivers side rear wheel just below the frame level. It is to dark to get a picture tonight, but does anyone know off the top of their head what connections are in that location on a 2015 3500? I'm not getting any codes or anything so I'm guess its for something not installed on my truck.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: cable hanging down

Emergency brake cable maybe??

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Should have said its electrical and not connected

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

hmmm maybe extra plug that is usually hung there from factory if its not used on specific models????

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

5. Top Of Page | #5
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Get whatever lighting you can and go under again.
    Don't guess, pictures and all the info you can get.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

6. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

These are the images. It looks to be covered and zip ties not attached to anything. My guess is it got pulled down while in for warranty work. That is located just behind the fuel fill port.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Thanks AnOldBiker thanked for this post
  8. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

would you think the factory air assist suspension?

9. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

I have a 2016 coil spring and that plug is just taped up inside the frame rail must be for the air suspension

Sold. 1999 2500 24v auto. 53 block casualty. Edge comp, 5" exhaust, intake, leveled on 37s
    Sold. 1992 2500 reg cab 5 speed. pods, sb clutch, terrible paintjob
    Sold. 2004 3500 single wheel ccsb. udc tuned smarty, G56 swapped from auto, dual disc valair, ladder bars, 2nd gen swapped manifold, super b special, arp studded, 33% pump, 60hp injectors and bunch of other stuff that I forgot about.

10. Likes arnoldsq liked this post