Thanks Thanks:  28
Likes Likes:  33
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Ultra complications in 1st month... Please Help

1. Top Of Page | #31

User Info Menu

Re: Ultra complications in 1st month... Please Help

Any good reason you wanna stick with the stock tune. 30 and 60 both would be good tow tunes. With true stock tuning from the factory I'm saying, the VGT is closed up like that in the 90% range. You just don't hear the whistle because of all the emissions. I think you're mistaken about seeing VGT near zero with a whistle tune, cuz whistle tunes close the VGT and they'd be in 90% range as I said with a,whistle tune. So my advise is try the 30 or 60 hp tune. Set your spool to mild, 23 timing, and 1850 rail pressure. Maybe running the stock with delete tune is the problem. I agree there shouldn't be a problem with that, but maybe try another setting, cuz like I said a true stock tune has the VGT closed up like that. Other than that for sure look into warp with Ray and custom tunes will get you happy for sure.

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, InRecovery liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #32

Stock? Only because my EGT's and Boost were at controlable levels while towing. Of course, I wouldn't know the difference in the various RaceMe levels, because I've only tried Stock. I figured by having the H/O with Aisin, it would be plenty... but will certainly try! I've been chatting with Ray for Warp... gonna get it! The 0% I saw in Ray's video was just before he RT'd it into "whistle". I will certainly try what you suggested. Appreciate your feedback!

4. Likes Pimpw3ld3r25_8, RATLIN'HP liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #33

User Info Menu

I have had nearly the same experiences as you described on my 16 Aisin truck except I am just the opposite. I went straight into warp tuning without ever trying box tunes. My ultra is hit or miss if it decides to load a tune or not. I got stuck on "stock with deletes" few weeks ago after mine failed to tune a warp file when it reached 100%. Mine went through the recovery on its own and took itself back to true stock without an error. After which it won't load up any warp tunes but I managed to get the stock delete file on the truck.

I have had the surge you describe with high EGTs at idle, my VGT is blipping around 90% closed, when the truck is hot or cold. Really ever since the newer raceme updates that brought back the EB warm up. I am not sure if it is just a quirk of these newer trucks or if it is ultra/warp related.

2016 Ram 3500 Mega Cab Laramie 4x4 AISIN 3.73 DRW - RaceMe Ultra / WARP by Double R Diesel
    2012 Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 4x4 68RFE 3.73 - Mini Maxx MCC by Double R Diesel
    2010 Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 4x4 Garmon 68RFE 3.73 - 500k+ miles Raceme Ultra / Warp by Double R Diesel

6. Thanks InRecovery thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #34

User Info Menu

Man you guys sure make me nervous

2015 3500 Cummins w/ aisin, Kore leveling kit, bilstien 5100 shocks, 35x12.5r20 duratracs, fuel kleavers, buschwacker max coverage flares, 40" curved rough country light bar in bumper, putco silver lux led headlights, air lift rear air bags wirelessONE with onboard air, carli track bar, carli lower steering stabalizer, synergy steering box brace, afe cold air intake, raceme ultra with warp tuning by double r diesel, 5" TBE flo pro, full pusher intake, fass 150.

8. Top Of Page | #35

Quote Originally Posted by RATLIN'HP View Post
    Any good reason you wanna stick with the stock tune. 30 and 60 both would be good tow tunes. With true stock tuning from the factory I'm saying, the VGT is closed up like that in the 90% range. You just don't hear the whistle because of all the emissions. I think you're mistaken about seeing VGT near zero with a whistle tune, cuz whistle tunes close the VGT and they'd be in 90% range as I said with a,whistle tune. So my advise is try the 30 or 60 hp tune. Set your spool to mild, 23 timing, and 1850 rail pressure. Maybe running the stock with delete tune is the problem. I agree there shouldn't be a problem with that, but maybe try another setting, cuz like I said a true stock tune has the VGT closed up like that. Other than that for sure look into warp with Ray and custom tunes will get you happy for sure.
    *Well, I certainly don't know what to say... but, thank you! The truck runs considerably better and smoother. Of course, I dropped a couple dimes on a new and better battery charger. They say this repeatedly about low voltage, but it can be very sensitive. If anyone was wondering about supporting a website like this, this would be the epitome of proof... invaluable / insightful / intuitive. I'm still looking forward to Ray's Warped, but could not be any happier about the outcome of this. Well, except for my continuing issues with the Aisin. Thanks Mr.Mod!

2017 3500 MegaCab DRW, 4x4, Aisin, 3.73's... RaceMe since day one.

9. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, RATLIN'HP thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, Power247, RATLIN'HP liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #36

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by InRecovery View Post
    *Well, I certainly don't know what to say... but, thank you! The truck runs considerably better and smoother. Of course, I dropped a couple dimes on a new and better battery charger. They say this repeatedly about low voltage, but it can be very sensitive. If anyone was wondering about supporting a website like this, this would be the epitome of proof... invaluable / insightful / intuitive. I'm still looking forward to Ray's Warped, but could not be any happier about the outcome of this. Well, except for my continuing issues with the Aisin. Thanks Mr.Mod!
    You're welcome!

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234