Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Valair Or South Bend

1. Top Of Page | #21

User Info Menu

Re: Valair or South Bend

Quote Originally Posted by F350Cummins View Post
    no, western NJ @Brotherdime is also western jersey with a G56 truck

Just have some land east of you on SR 171 in Thompson PA
    Awesome! Yeh I'm in New Milford. Pretty familiar with thompson.

Thanks,
    Instagram chris_24v
    2015 2500 cummins, full deletes, Bully Dog and HPP EFI Live. 5" TBE no muffler. Leveled with 35's

Thanks, @Chris_24V
    2016 2500 Big Horn G56
    Instagram @_chris_bowyer_

2. Top Of Page | #22

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_24V View Post
    Awesome! Yeh I'm in New Milford. Pretty familiar with thompson.

Thanks,
    Instagram chris_24v
    2015 2500 cummins, full deletes, Bully Dog and HPP EFI Live. 5" TBE no muffler. Leveled with 35's

Dad and I own the old Agway grist mill there.

2014 Ram 2500 CCSB Ram Box Larime
    2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty
    RIP. 2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 DRD Tuning 107K miles wrecked by jeep wrangler.....

Other Toys: 1973 Charger Bougham edition 400 big block 42K original miles
    Unicycles (about 3 dozen)

6 in a row makes her go

3. Top Of Page | #23

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by F350Cummins View Post
    no, western NJ @Brotherdime is also western jersey with a G56 truck

Just have some land east of you on SR 171 in Thompson PA
    Let me know how you like the clutch you ordered I will be needing 1 soon.

Jim
    2014 6.7l, G56, 37" tires, full deletes double r diesel mm3

4. Thanks Chris_24V thanked for this post
    Likes Chris_24V liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #24

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Brotherdime View Post
    Let me know how you like the clutch you ordered I will be needing 1 soon.
    South Bend brother! LOL. I have a SB and I literally talked to a guy who has owned 7 Cummins (6 of them have had a manual tranny) and he has had both Clutch brands and perfers SB over Valair...maybe I'm just bias but I bought SB because of their "word of mouth" reputation. All I can say is I would defiantly buy another SB without hesitation because I love mine so much...even if they jack the price up on them LOL.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

6. Thanks Chris_24V, South Bend Clutch thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #25

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JT_410BERRY View Post
    South Bend brother! LOL. I have a SB and I literally talked to a guy who has owned 7 Cummins (6 of them have had a manual tranny) and he has had both Clutch brands and perfers SB over Valair...maybe I'm just bias but I bought SB because of their "word of mouth" reputation. All I can say is I would defiantly buy another SB without hesitation because I love mine so much...even if they jack the price up on them LOL.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Sounds good man. Thanks for the info.

Jim
    2014 6.7l, G56, 37" tires, full deletes double r diesel mm3

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes Chris_24V, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #26

User Info Menu

Hey guys I also will be in that same boat too... looking to get a new clutch soon so I also can crank up the power from +30 to +90.. this I also my first cummins with a manual trans so I have no experience with aftermarket clutchs on these diesels. Like single vs dual disk. Ect.. I just know I have to try to match my power level to the clutch I will be running.. also have is the pedal engagement, stiffness of the clutch pedal from stock to aftermarket.... I also was leaning toward SB but I know both brands are very good... what do you guys recommend.. I have a 2015 regular cab. 4x4. 3.73 gears. Stock tires for now but going to be upgrading to the biggest tire I can put on a stock 18x8 rim.. I hardly tow anything and if I do may be a bobcat or a wearhouse forklift at the most.. my truck is upfitted with a service bed with mostly tools. I also am full deleted with 4" straight pipe. Hopefully you guy can help me get a right clutch for my setup...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Thanks Chris_24V thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #27

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ssbuilt808 View Post
    Hey guys I also will be in that same boat too... looking to get a new clutch soon so I also can crank up the power from +30 to +90.. this I also my first cummins with a manual trans so I have no experience with aftermarket clutchs on these diesels. Like single vs dual disk. Ect.. I just know I have to try to match my power level to the clutch I will be running.. also have is the pedal engagement, stiffness of the clutch pedal from stock to aftermarket.... I also was leaning toward SB but I know both brands are very good... what do you guys recommend.. I have a 2015 regular cab. 4x4. 3.73 gears. Stock tires for now but going to be upgrading to the biggest tire I can put on a stock 18x8 rim.. I hardly tow anything and if I do may be a bobcat or a wearhouse forklift at the most.. my truck is upfitted with a service bed with mostly tools. I also am full deleted with 4" straight pipe. Hopefully you guy can help me get a right clutch for my setup...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I just received my truck back yesterday with newly installed SB Dual disk. As of right now the clutch pedal is noticably stiffer, the clutch engagement is more abrupt which is fine just take a little getting used to, and engagement point is a little closer to the floor. I haven't been able to get alit of runtime with it yet but as of right now I absolutely love it, way more the the stock setup. The guy that does all of my work said to pick a clutch that barely exceeds you power level which is why I went with the dual disk. He also recommended changing the tranny fluid during the install to go with a slightly heavier weight fluid. It allows for smoother shifting and a quieter clutch. They are a little louder than the stock and if your lugging in a gear, it'll let you know LOL. As I gain more info on it I'll update this post. I recommended South Bend as all I've read has been mostly good. Hope this helps and keep us updated.

Thanks,
    Instagram chris_24v

Thanks, @Chris_24V
    2016 2500 Big Horn G56
    Instagram @_chris_bowyer_

12. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, South Bend Clutch thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #28

User Info Menu

Well folks....ended up going the @South Bend Clutch route and purchased an SDD3250-GK (Ceramic/Organic plates). Installed it today and whoooo what a job...about 11 hours in total with me and the old man working on it.

50 miles in and I'm loving this thing...nice authoritative engagements, but not harsh. Although I am comparing to a crap stock clutch that chattered real bad on take-offs and couldn't accelerate down an on ramp without slipping. I can't wait to really get on the skinny pedal after break in. My pedal was way less stiff to the point where I thought I reinstalled the hydraulics wrong and missed the fork. My throwout bearing was also pretty gooed up with clutch dust though and I think it was attributing to the stiff pedal feel. The stiff pedal could also have been the stoker being in such rough shape at the end of its life.

I did keep the stock hydraulics for the sake of saving time for now, but will be installing them at a later date.

Mike

2015 Ram 3500 CCSB SRW 4x4 G56
    2020 Ram 2500 CCSB 4x4 68RFE

Never ending project. Always adding something...

14. Likes Chris_24V liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #29

User Info Menu

I decided to go with Valair. Ordered it through Ray and I went with the quiet ceramic dd. Getting it installed next Tuesday. Can't wait to see what this thing feels like when all the power gets to the ground!

2013 megacab soon to be longbed
    Fleece head, 625's, BD Screamer, Drd Tuning, Randy's Stg 2, 4:30's, 37" Toyos

16. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, DRD thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, DRD liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #30

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by OCP View Post
    I decided to go with Valair. Ordered it through Ray and I went with the quiet ceramic dd. Getting it installed next Tuesday. Can't wait to see what this thing feels like when all the power gets to the ground!
    My 2017 is the process of getting the same clutch installed. I simply didn't have the time to install it myself, so my dealer is fixing me up. I should have it back Tuesday as well. Here you can see what the factory dual mass, or should I say dual mess flywheel, looks like...

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

18. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast