Thanks Thanks:  71
Likes Likes:  153
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Need some advice on a vehicle purchase

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Need some advice on a vehicle purchase

So the wife has decided that she's had enough of sitting low to ground in her Benz. So we are in the market for a truck.

Both of us share a pretty large appeal for the diesel Canyon Denali. She likes the size (in relation to the size of my Ram) but feels that the power of the 2.8 Duramax is lacking, to which I agree.

So with that being said, an option to purchase a 2016 Ram 2500 Cummins is not completely off the table.

Does anyone here own one of these midsize diesels and can share their personal experiences, or any of our members work for a GMC store and can help structure a deal?

On the contrary, to our ladies here, what are your thoughts on daily driving a 2500?

Thanks in advance for any and all insight!!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

2021 3500 Mega HO DRW

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Need some advice on a vehicle purchase

Nissan Titan with a Cummins?

🏁Join us as Lifetime Platinum Member today!🏁

"The grass is greener where you water it"

4. Likes huskee05 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTACUMMINS View Post

🏁Join us as Lifetime Platinum Member today!🏁
    Honestly haven't looked at them. Might be worth exploring!

2021 3500 Mega HO DRW

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I don't think any 'non-truck' woman will openly admit to liking the ride of a true 3/4 ton. I'd go test drive the Cummins powered Titan for sure.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

2014 CCSB ● Fuel Hostage 18x9 -1 ● Toyo Open Country A/T II Extreme ● Leveling kit ● DPF/SCR/EGR deletes ● RaceME Ultra w/ Pyro ● 4 inch Flo-Pro Exhaust ● ARP 425 Head Studs

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, RamIt thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, RamIt liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTACUMMINS View Post

Join us as Lifetime Platinum Member today!
    I haven't heard any bad stuff or good stuff about the Nissan Titan with a Cummins I know they hype it up a lot on tv but don't sound right having a V8 Cummins

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, RamIt thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Maybe the better question is.....what are you going to do with it? Or need it to do?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

2014 CCSB ● Fuel Hostage 18x9 -1 ● Toyo Open Country A/T II Extreme ● Leveling kit ● DPF/SCR/EGR deletes ● RaceME Ultra w/ Pyro ● 4 inch Flo-Pro Exhaust ● ARP 425 Head Studs

12. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, RamIt thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, cumminsbadgirl, RamIt liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

I've read posts by @gerbskie on here on the Titan, might hit him up for info.

2011 2500 Laramie CCSB 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, 68RFE

14. Thanks RamIt thanked for this post
    Likes RamIt liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RamIt View Post
    So the wife has decided that she's had enough of sitting low to ground in her Benz. So we are in the market for a truck.

Both of us share a pretty large appeal for the diesel Canyon Denali. She likes the size (in relation to the size of my Ram) but feels that the power of the 2.8 Duramax is lacking, to which I agree.

So with that being said, an option to purchase a 2016 Ram 2500 Cummins is not completely off the table.

Does anyone here own one of these midsize diesels and can share their personal experiences, or any of our members work for a GMC store and can help structure a deal?

On the contrary, to our ladies here, what are your thoughts on daily driving a 2500?

Thanks in advance for any and all insight!!

Okies, you asked so here is my 2cents, i love driving my truck !! I've owned 3 diesel trucks now and will never go back to a car, ewwwww LOL. I am a outdoorsy kinda girl so a truck is a must for me. It suits my purpose for all things I want and need to do. Its great for year round driving especially in the winter. Plus more and more women are driving trucks both gas and diesels nowdays. Hope this kinda helps. good luck on your search and choice ;-)

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

2014 CUMMINS "BADGIRL" Laramie MC 3500 (Aisin) 4X4 MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel *** EGR delete AFE CAI 4” FLO-PRO w/muffler 4" Zone lift, Federal Couragia 37’s with Black Rhinos,bed carpet kit, tail-gate assist, Retrax tunnau cover

Previous "Cummins Badgirls" :
    2006 Cummins 2500 4x4
    2012 Cummins 2500 4x4

16. Thanks RamIt thanked for this post
    Likes HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN, RamIt liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

I remember reading last year Toyota was looking at Cummins, did they do it yet ?

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

18. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AnOldBiker View Post
    I remember reading last year Toyota was looking at Cummins, did they do it yet ?
    Not yet, soon.

"The grass is greener where you water it"

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast