Thanks Thanks:  71
Likes Likes:  153
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Need some advice on a vehicle purchase

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Need some advice on a vehicle purchase

A co-worker has a 1500 EcoDiesel... he loves it. Have you seen the 2018 Durango? ... super sexy.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

2012 CCSB Saddle Brown Pearl... DRD tuned

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, RamIt thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, RamIt liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by huskee05 View Post
    I don't think any 'non-truck' woman will openly admit to liking the ride of a true 3/4 ton. I'd go test drive the Cummins powered Titan for sure.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    With the right suspension, this isn't an issue. The wife loves how my truck rides on the Carli suspension.

Quote Originally Posted by HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN View Post
    I haven't heard any bad stuff or good stuff about the Nissan Titan with a Cummins I know they hype it up a lot on tv but don't sound right having a V8 Cummins
    I have my apprehensions about Nissan, but I won't disregard it without looking at it. They've just built a lot of bad vehicles in the last 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by huskee05 View Post
    Maybe the better question is.....what are you going to do with it? Or need it to do?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    Needs to be comfortable, easy to get in and out of, and be easy enough to drive. MPGs are a plus (hence the midsize diesel). Off road capability is important too because she wants to be able to trail ride with me.

Quote Originally Posted by cumminsbadgirl View Post
    Okies, you asked so here is my 2cents, i love driving my truck !! I've owned 3 diesel trucks now and will never go back to a car, ewwwww LOL. I am a outdoorsy kinda girl so a truck is a must for me. It suits my purpose for all things I want and need to do. Its great for year round driving especially in the winter. Plus more and more women are driving trucks both gas and diesels nowdays. Hope this kinda helps. good luck on your search and choice ;-)

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
    Thank you!! I really appreciate your input. My wife loves the truck idea, shes just more intimidated by the size of the 2500 more than anything. And she shares your thoughts on the car! Tired of getting down low all the time, medically speaking, its impractical.

Quote Originally Posted by AnOldBiker View Post
    I remember reading last year Toyota was looking at Cummins, did they do it yet ?
    Off topic: But this will likely never happen. Chief Engineer for Toyota, Mike Sweers, has said multiple times on the record that the Tundra is not getting a diesel engine. And it definitely wouldn't be a Cummins, since Toyota has Hino in their back pocket and an entire line of diesel engines in the international market.

Quote Originally Posted by TH-64 View Post
    A co-worker has a 1500 EcoDiesel... he loves it. Have you seen the 2018 Durango? ... super sexy.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
    We talked about the EcoDiesel some, but for the size of the truck, she'd rather just have a 2500. And she wont buy a SUV LOL

I really appreciate everyone putting their thoughts in! Thank you and please keep em coming!

2021 3500 Mega HO DRW

4. Thanks cumminsbadgirl thanked for this post
    Likes cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

I have heard issues of the nissan, there is a thread or 2 here regarding it and I know 2 other guys I have talk to in my traveling around for work that have them and hate them, or in the case of one, filed lemon law because nissan couldnt properly diagnose and replace a turbo.

2014 Ram 2500 CCSB Ram Box Larime
    2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty
    RIP. 2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 DRD Tuning 107K miles wrecked by jeep wrangler.....

Other Toys: 1973 Charger Bougham edition 400 big block 42K original miles
    Unicycles (about 3 dozen)

6 in a row makes her go

6. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by F350Cummins View Post
    I have heard issues of the nissan, there is a thread or 2 here regarding it and I know 2 other guys I have talk to in my traveling around for work that have them and hate them, or in the case of one, filed lemon law because nissan couldnt properly diagnose and replace a turbo.
    Interesting, I'll check in the Titan section for those threads. Thanks for letting me know!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

2021 3500 Mega HO DRW

7. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RamIt View Post
    Interesting, I'll check in the Titan section for those threads. Thanks for letting me know!

I own, well owned the titan xd. Just went through the buy back process for the truck. The trucks build is amazing and the price for the truck is yet again amazing, but here were my issues, it has a terrible exhaust smell in the cab and is still no fix for that. Cold starting for this truck also blows, if you have seen a nissan titan xd cold start video on youtube it was most likley mine, they are starting to install block heaters but they are just burning up after a couple of uses if your not parked on level ground. Also, transmission programming sucks big time. Right now there are a total of 4 updates for the trans, they are finally shifting smoother but when slowing down quickly, then accelerating right away, there is zero throttle response for 2-5 seconds so not a fun feeling having zero throttle. Id say if your really looking into getting a titan xd with the diesel then buy in a few years once everything is taken care of. Also, parts availability still sucks, you will be waiting at least a week for any parts at all.

-Jay

9. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gerbskie View Post
    I own, well owned the titan xd. Just went through the buy back process for the truck. The trucks build is amazing and the price for the truck is yet again amazing, but here were my issues, it has a terrible exhaust smell in the cab and is still now fix for that. Cold starting for this truck also blows, if you have seen a nissan titan xd cold start video on youtube it was most likley mine, they are starting to install block heaters but they are just burning up after a couple of uses if your not parked on level ground. Also, transmission programming sucks big time. Right now there are a total of 4 updates for the trans, they are finally shifting smoother but when slowing down quickly, then accelerating right away, there is zero throttle response for 2-5 seconds so not a fun feeling having zero throttle. Id say if your really looking into getting a titan xd with the diesel then buy in a few years once everything is taken care of. Also, parts availability still sucks, you will be waiting at least a week for any parts at all.

-Jay
    Dang man it sounds like the Titan you bought was a great big ole pile of crap

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN View Post
    Dang man it sounds like the Titan you bought was a great big ole pile of crap

You have no idea, plus they really dick you over when it comes to the buy back. They took off $.50 cents for every mile driven.....

12. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

You have no idea, plus they really dick you over when it comes to the buy back. They took off $.50 cents for every mile driven.....

That's when I would said, well my lawyer told me to add $1 to every mile that wasn't driven when the dang thing was broke down.

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

13. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, RamIt thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, RamIt, walla2k5 liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

I own, well owned the titan xd. Just went through the buy back process for the truck. The trucks build is amazing and the price for the truck is yet again amazing, but here were my issues, it has a terrible exhaust smell in the cab and is still no fix for that. Cold starting for this truck also blows, if you have seen a nissan titan xd cold start video on youtube it was most likley mine, they are starting to install block heaters but they are just burning up after a couple of uses if your not parked on level ground. Also, transmission programming sucks big time. Right now there are a total of 4 updates for the trans, they are finally shifting smoother but when slowing down quickly, then accelerating right away, there is zero throttle response for 2-5 seconds so not a fun feeling having zero throttle. Id say if your really looking into getting a titan xd with the diesel then buy in a few years once everything is taken care of. Also, parts availability still sucks, you will be waiting at least a week for any parts at all.

-Jay
    Wow, that sounds like a **** show. I really appreciate your input, I think I'll steer wide and clear of the Titan XD. Just sounds like more trouble than anything.

The wife drove a diesel SLT Canyon today and really enjoyed it. So we've eliminated the Colorado from the list; just not a fan of the aesthetics.

So basically it comes down to a Canyon Denali or another 2500 Laramie. Which really comes down to comfort of vehicle size.

If we lean on the Laramie, do we have any Ram dealers on the board?

2021 3500 Mega HO DRW

15. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  16. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RamIt View Post
    Wow, that sounds like a **** show. I really appreciate your input, I think I'll steer wide and clear of the Titan XD. Just sounds like more trouble than anything.

The wife drove a diesel SLT Canyon today and really enjoyed it. So we've eliminated the Colorado from the list; just not a fan of the aesthetics.

So basically it comes down to a Canyon Denali or another 2500 Laramie. Which really comes down to comfort of vehicle size.

If we lean on the Laramie, do we have any Ram dealers on the board?

You obviously already have a ram so i mean if price isnt a problem and she doesnt mind driving a bigger truck then ram 2500 laramie is a no brainer LOL

17. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, RamIt thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, RamIt, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast