Thanks Thanks:  20
Likes Likes:  27
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tranny question

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Tranny question

My granny is giving out quickly. I wanted to beef up the internals for hopefully about 1400-1500$ not including the install and everything. Does anyone recommend an overhaul kit that is quality, for around that price range, that will be able to last with a fully deleted truck running 60-90 extra horsepower from tune? Thank you all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes Pimpw3ld3r25_8 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Tranny question

How old is your granny? Lmao I'm sorry I couldn't resist! But read that post and keep granny in mind for the whole read. I haven't laughed that good in awhile! Sorry I'm not much help with your tranny though.

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

4. Thanks Gordonwinn91 thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Hahaha my granny is getting up there as well. Just had her second knee replacements pricey but she is still getting around.

2014 RAM 2500 TRADESMAN "SMOKED A BIT TURBO LIT AND THAT WAS IT"

6. Thanks Gordonwinn91 thanked for this post
    Likes cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I did look at your profile and see you have a 09 truck, so I'm guess 68RFE trans your talking about. Not sure what that kind of money is gonna get you with a 68. Might be better off saving til you can afford revmax.

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

8. Thanks Gordonwinn91 thanked for this post
    Likes Gordonwinn91 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Haha damn autocorrect. Yes it is a 68. Is revmax a kit or a new tranny?? Sorry I really don't know much about how trucks work

10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

You can get valve bodies and I'm not sure what all else. And new trans yes.

11. Likes Gordonwinn91 liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

If your trans is actually giving out i would think all the hard parts are going to be alot more then the 1400-1500 even just staying with the factory quality. That only covers the cost of a good converter.

13. Thanks Gordonwinn91 thanked for this post
  14. Top Of Page | #8
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Damn. Well looks like I'm gonna be saving some more for the rev max. Looks like that's wheee my tax returns going

15. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

I read somewhere that a good converter and valvebody will go good for what your doing with it. Im sure someone else will chime in who knows alot more then myself.

16. Thanks Gordonwinn91 thanked for this post
  17. Top Of Page | #10
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

There's the revmax 550 Combo kit for $4300. The full base transmission 550 is $4995 but you can add on a couple billet stems for a little more than a $1000. I think I'm just going to get the Combo kit but what are the advantages of billet parts?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast