Thanks Thanks:  21
Likes Likes:  64
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: EGR Delete/Turned Off

1. Top Of Page | #11

EGR Delete/Turned Off

So to add to the question what brand of egr cooler delete would be the best?

I have used all FLO~PRO in the past but haven’t had much luck finding them for my 15 that I want to delete.

Being in Hawaii I can’t go to a store and check out options I’d rather order a good one and be done.

2. Likes timshooter40, SyN liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

EGR Delete/Turned Off

Quote Originally Posted by braymond808 View Post

I have used all FLO~PRO in the past but haven’t had much luck finding them for my 15 that I want to delete.

Being in Hawaii I can’t go to a store and check out options I’d rather order a good one and be done.

I think DRD might be selling FLO~PRO stuff again with their kits.

Good stuff.... Truckers bring it

4. Likes timshooter40 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Re: EGR Delete/Turned Off

Quote Originally Posted by braymond808 View Post

Send a msg or call one of the Vendors on this site.

This will keep all of the Non EPA part talk off the main public part of the forum.

The Vendors here will have stuff or can get you to the right place.

Good luck and have fun with the truck.

2017 WON TON CC LB 68AUTO
    Secret stuff that make it vroom and whistle better Thuren 2.25 w/2.0 Fox Resi

Justin
    Southern Oregon ( the Republican part)
    UNITEDSTATES MARINE CORPS 1993-2007
    No better friend, No better enemy.

6. Likes AK Bob, timshooter40 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Ray's advice is spot on.

If you plan on eventually trading in the truck, or aren't likely to keep it more than a few years, just leave the EGR hardware in place.

I'd add that if you live in an area prone to visual emissions inspections, leave it in place.

If you're set on removing it, in my experience the eBay block off plates work just fine.

You can spend more for a name brand kit, but you don't need to in order to get the job done.

The most common failure point is the o-ring in the coolant riser adapter, and if you look around the forums and FB pages long enough you'll see them fail on high dollar kits as well as the cheap kits.

8. Likes SyN, timshooter40 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroSignal View Post
    Ray's advice is spot on.

If you plan on eventually trading in the truck, or aren't likely to keep it more than a few years, just leave the EGR hardware in place.

I'd add that if you live in an area prone to visual emissions inspections, leave it in place.

If you're set on removing it, in my experience the eBay block off plates work just fine.

You can spend more for a name brand kit, but you don't need to in order to get the job done.

The most common failure point is the o-ring in the coolant riser adapter, and if you look around the forums and FB pages long enough you'll see them fail on high dollar kits as well as the cheap kits.
    Looking at an eBay kit as well.

I can't beat 78$.

I was going to leave it all intact, but I don't plan on getting rid of my truck so I'm just gonna do the EGR delete.

Do those O-rings fail often?

Like should I have extra's hanging around just in case?

10. Likes timshooter40 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

I think this is the Oring that fails in the kits from my research, folks recommend getting this one from the OEM

12. Likes timshooter40 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JasonV123 View Post
    I think this is the O'Ring that fails in the kits from my research, folks recommend getting this one from the OEM.

14. Thanks AK Bob thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, timshooter40, SyN liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #18

OK, now after seeing this thread I have been thinking.

My original (and still) plan is to not remove the EGR hardware.

I've seen in lots of places, and videos that it would be very hard to put back on.

So my question is had anybody ever put their EGR hardware back on?

Was it that hard?

2017 Ram 2500

16. Likes timshooter40 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Halojm View Post
    So my not so stupid question pertains to the EGR and Cooler, what are the added benefits of completely deleting them vs just having the EGR turned off via Tuner?
    We decided to unbolt the stuff on my rig so we could then sell it and try to offset the costs of our modifications.

I will say that after unbolting my stuff I ended up with turbo surging (or i could now hear it at least.).

I am pretty sure it was more my aftermarket turbo than anything.

A bit of @Double R Diesel tuning got it right solved tho.

Sounds mean now.

You might not make much for the parts at all depending on the mileage when you pull it off but I have so far done pretty well reselling my E Nannies.

Hehe selling the used parts is more importantly helping ease the wife's frustration over the mod costs.

18. Likes AK Bob, timshooter40, SyN liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Ray from DRD hit it on the head.

Yesterday I finally removed my EGR components and I was shocked by the amount of soot in my intake.

I also had drops of water and I had no idea where they came from.

My brother in law suggested that my cooler was cracked and now seeing Ray say that could be an issue and what else I've read i'm starting to feel really confident that is the issue.

If you're tuning to bypass it just delete it all together. plus it make your Cummins actually look like a Cummins.

20. Likes AK Bob, timshooter40 liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast