Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My First Vehicle, My First Truck, My First Cummins

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

My First Vehicle, My First Truck, My First Cummins

Ugh, This story kills me to this day. My first ride and my first Cummins. Best five grand I have ever worked for and spent, this truck meant the world to me as stupid as it sounds. It was a monster. A badass worked twelve valve with a BD Built Auto Trans. Had a zero fuel plate slid forward, afc gutted, timing advanced 17 degrees, cold air intake, and a five inch down pipe to a six inch straight pipe. This thing was a coal rolling savage and I loved it. Washed it every weekend and always had a spotless interior, always got complimented on it even old grandpa's loved it! And of course the ladies loved it! But that's where the story starts, was Thursday night just got outta work went home showered and was gong to hang out with this girl who had a thing for me. About twenty minutes away from seeing her, I got tanked by a Jeep in an intersection who ran a red light. I seriously couldn't believe what had happend, my truck was taken away from me and I hadn't even gotten outta the cab yet and I just knew it was totaled by looking at that Jeep. Never cried like a little girl in my life hahahahaha. Once my old man loaded her up on the rollback it began to set in, I was lucky so was the other kid. The frame was bent, cab shifted, and the transmission snapped off the motor. It was probably the shittest thing that had ever happend to me considering I wrecked my truck TWO DAYS before U.S. Diesel Truckin' Nationals here in New Jersey and considering a week later the girl had kicked me to the curb a week later. So remember fellas don't chase after something that is too good to be true!!!!

She sat so purdy in the High School Parking Lot.

Brings a tear to my eye, R.I.P

2. Thanks BlackBart thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Welcome Chris. Sorry to hear that. I wrecked a truck or 2 in my past. Trucks are replaceable you aren't. Just be glad you weren't in something smaller. And you are local to me.

2014 Ram 2500 CCSB Ram Box Larime
    2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty
    RIP. 2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 DRD Tuning 107K miles wrecked by jeep wrangler.....

Other Toys: 1973 Charger Bougham edition 400 big block 42K original miles
    Unicycles (about 3 dozen)

6 in a row makes her go

4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

A little compound. . . We can buff that out

There's plenty of 2500 gas chassis around with tired motors. But the two side by side and start xing.

When you said it broke at the mount, you mean the tail shaft? I haven't any parts for a 4 X, but the tail shafts are the same gas to diesel. Move the guts over

Is this a 2nd guy from Hopatcong? THERE'S 2 OF YOU?

Hey Alex. Isn't that the truck we passed on 46 last Saturday night. The one I told you to smoke? (Which my truck won't do anymore)

I'm right down the road from you in Wharton

5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I am not sure, might be

2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty
    RIP. 2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 DRD Tuning 107K miles wrecked by jeep wrangler.....

6 in a row makes her go

6. Top Of Page | #5
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I woulda bought the truck back from Insurance but I paid five thousand dollars for it insurance gave me forty five hundred dollars for it, the truck had a twenty five hundred dollar buy back value, so I was like ehh. And I assume it broke at the Tail Shaft when we finally got her on the bed and when the bed was angled trans fluid just poured outta it like a waterfall. I really miss this truck, I'm sure you've guys seen me back in August-September cruising up and down 46 and 10. I always passed Cliffs Ice Cream and just laid a nice strip of black smoke to show off then I'd hit the underpasses going towards Hopatcong lugging it to here that nasty echo of that Cummins. There is a few of us here in Hopatcong with Cummins, My Buddy with the Dark Blue Lifted 2003 Ram 3500 Single Wheel on Rockstars, My buddy Meatball has a Silver 2005 Dodge Ram 2500 Crew Cab Short Bed with a bang up tail gate and bumper that just has a chip and is going on his fourth transmission LOL, and two other third gens one white and one Green and Silver Two Tone with a black stack in the bed. Once I get that black turd on the road we'll have to meet up!!

7. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

More than one green 3rd gen around. I have a green 1st gen and an 88f350 with a 93 12V

2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty

6 in a row makes her go

8. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

That's the problem with putting allot of money in a truck unless you don't have collision

Sure we can get together. Someplace warm please. My arthritus doesn't like damp winters LOL

Get 'em all to join us. At least we give accurate information and don't guess. . . . . Much

Besides. Old people can be funny too. LOL

9. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Ocala Florida LOL

2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty

6 in a row makes her go

10. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Tampa It's closer. I'm going there in March

11. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Ocala is a ways north of tampa, but either way Heat is usually on at most diners and resteraunts

2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty

6 in a row makes her go

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast