Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: Tranny is confused

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member TuckerTillSheCummins's Avatar

User Info Menu

Tranny is confused

I have an 03 and I just had the transmission built. I talked to the mechanic about weird shifts. I have a bully dog tuner and he is pointing fingers saying that it's bc the tunner doesn't communicate with the tans. It's like the trans shifts into overdrive before it shifts into normal gear. Trans shifts fine when tunner is uninstalled. MAIN QUESTION is do I need a different tunner of do I need a new transmission guy? Please for the love of God someone tell me it's the cheaper of the two.

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Tranny is confused

There is no reason to have the tuner talking to this trans. The 47 and 48 RE are not that sophisticated. First of all, which trans do you have?

I'm not clear on what is happening. Are you saying it's locking up after it goes into Overdrive?

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, AnOldBiker liked this post