Thanks Thanks:  16
Likes Likes:  16
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Weird things going on with my RaceME Ultra.

1. Top Of Page | #31

User Info Menu

Re: Weird things going on with my RaceME Ultra.

Quote Originally Posted by RamIt View Post
    Glad to hear you got it all figured out! And good catch on the EGT, that's lucky that's all it was!
    Yeah, that wire is a small, solid core type wire that they strip and fold the wire double to try to make it big enough for the crimp on the connector to hold. Needs a smaller, or special connector for that tiny wire but it probably works 9 out of 10 times the way they did it. Mine was just the 10th time. Not really a big deal-easy enough to fix. After doing the update or re-flash I'm assuming that I need to give the TCM time to re-learn again. Or is it unnecessary?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. Top Of Page | #32

User Info Menu

Re: Weird things going on with my RaceME Ultra.

Quote Originally Posted by easttxram View Post
    Yeah, that wire is a small, solid core type wire that they strip and fold the wire double to try to make it big enough for the crimp on the connector to hold. Needs a smaller, or special connector for that tiny wire but it probably works 9 out of 10 times the way they did it. Mine was just the 10th time. Not really a big deal-easy enough to fix. After doing the update or re-flash I'm assuming that I need to give the TCM time to re-learn again. Or is it unnecessary?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Yea that sounds like a flimsy way to connect a wire, but as you said, probably works 9/10 times. If you are doing a ECM reflash (i.e. new tuning or resetting to stock), you need to give the transmission time to relearn. However, a basic firmware upgrade won't affect the transmission.

2021 3500 Mega HO DRW

3. Thanks easttxram thanked for this post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234