Thanks Thanks:  27
Likes Likes:  27
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you monitor?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

What do you monitor?

So like the title sais what gauges on the raceme (or anything for that matter) does everyone use or monitor? Also, what should the numbers be on that gauge and what numbers should throw up red flags? Hope that all makes sence! Hah thank you!

2015 3500 Cummins w/ aisin, Kore leveling kit, bilstien 5100 shocks, 35x12.5r20 duratracs, fuel kleavers, buschwacker max coverage flares, 40" curved rough country light bar in bumper, putco silver lux led headlights, air lift rear air bags wirelessONE with onboard air, carli track bar, carli lower steering stabalizer, synergy steering box brace, afe cold air intake, raceme ultra with warp tuning by double r diesel, 5" TBE flo pro, full pusher intake, fass 150.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: What do you monitor?

3. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, DcLOLinger, HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Thank you! There was only two answers in there. Anyone else? What should numbers be or when should you start worrying about something?

2015 3500 Cummins w/ aisin, Kore leveling kit, bilstien 5100 shocks, 35x12.5r20 duratracs, fuel kleavers, buschwacker max coverage flares, 40" curved rough country light bar in bumper, putco silver lux led headlights, air lift rear air bags wirelessONE with onboard air, carli track bar, carli lower steering stabalizer, synergy steering box brace, afe cold air intake, raceme ultra with warp tuning by double r diesel, 5" TBE flo pro, full pusher intake, fass 150.

5. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Boost, trans temps, volts, and I think RPM, trans gear at the top - the one that gives the real number, one trans gear # option gives a wierd gear number. Haven't pulled the plug on the egt probe yet but looking forward to it.

I read boost is a good indicator for fuel savings and if you keep that low you will get better mpg, plus more than 36 psi and its bad for a head without studs. I think I set my gauge's visual max to 20 so that as I get closer to 20 it will warn myself and look bad to others driving so they slow down. My wife has a lead foot

Sent from my LG-VS985 using Tapatalk

2012 2500 ST w/ manmual 4x4 from the auction w 16k miles - Upgrades so far - Leather, LED bed lights, HID projectors, Nav = Appradio3 w ARU unchained reloaded full touch screencast & tailgate handle backup camera, homemade front hitch and reciever w 12k lb winch, reverse lights, soft open tailgate, transfercase linkage mod, Ultra and deletes, folding back seat mod, Kicker hideaway under drivers seat, Fumoto valve and safety clip, new warrantied turbo at 16k. Rocker Aux panel switches, Ford fold away bed extender, inverter outlet mod, soon an overhead console. Pulling a 2001 Prokat 2200WA around on my days off.

7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Ok cool thank you! Can you set Max's yourself or is that all within the tune?

8. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Can set it yourself

From all I have read - EGTs, boost, then trans temp are the most important.

Volts is good to avoid a dead battery as they slowly die over time esp w cold weather.

2012 2500 ST w/ manmual 4x4 from the auction w 16k miles - Upgrades so far - Leather, LED bed lights, HID projectors, Nav = Appradio3 w ARU unchained reloaded full touch screencast & tailgate handle backup camera, homemade front hitch and reciever w 12k lb winch, reverse lights, soft open tailgate, transfercase linkage mod, Ultra and deletes, folding back seat mod, Kicker hideaway under drivers seat, Fumoto valve and safety clip, new warrantied turbo at 16k. Rocker Aux panel switches, Ford fold away bed extender, inverter outlet mod, soon an overhead console. Pulling a 2001 Prokat 2200WA around on my days off.

9. Likes DcLOLinger liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Boost
    Egt
    torque converter slip
    Trans pressure
    Boost and EGT specially if you're running a high HP tunes

2014 3500 (DRW) 68RFE 3:73s . mirror light mod. 20% tint front 5% tint on rear. cattleman front bumper,running boards and headache rack. puddle light mod with blue leds. RGB lights in footwells and grill. Mostly debadged. 52" light bar and a 20" on the bumper. Smoked tail,cab and side marker lights. Black bezel headlights. Led lights where possible. 37 trail Graps. 2.5 inch leveling kit. Steering box brace. Dual steering stabilizers. MM3 and "WARPED" by Double R Diesel!

11. Likes Cummins7, DcLOLinger liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TX NIGHT TRAIN View Post
    torque converter slip
    Trans pressure
    Interesting I like the slip, makes sense. Why trans pressure does higher pressure mean a filter is going bad or is that a shift pressure?

13. Likes DcLOLinger liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Great info thank you. What does the trans pressure and torque converter slip mean? ��

15. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TX NIGHT TRAIN View Post
    Boost
    Egt
    torque converter slip
    Trans pressure
    Boost and EGT specially if you're running a high HP tunes

Sorry for all the questions I'm completely green when it comes to all this LOL. But what should those all be at or when should you start worrying something's wrong? Also should I set the max for those? If so what at? LOL thanks guys!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast