Thanks Thanks:  19
Likes Likes:  56
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: RaceME Ultra Trans Tuning 68RFE?

1. Top Of Page | #51

User Info Menu

RaceME Ultra Trans Tuning 68RFE?

Ray, @Double R Diesel

Have you ever tried to backdate the files and the firmware? I have another RaceMe tuner with the original files and firmware that works awesome. I have considered just reinstalling it in the current tuner but not sure how they are reading the firmware validation.

2. Top Of Page | #52

User Info Menu

Any updates on the tranny issues with the new updates?
    I think my tranny is on its last legs, partially due to the early up shifts. I started getting the shudder in 6th soon after the update, and it just started happening in 5th this week. There's no reason it should be shifting to 5th at 40mph in tow/haul, just stupid. 60k miles on the truck, drive like a grandpa but tow 8k about 75% of the time.

3. Likes Noneck liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #53

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TAZMAN View Post
    Ray, @Double R Diesel

Have you ever tried to backdate the files and the firmware? I have another RaceMe tuner with the original files and firmware that works awesome. I have considered just reinstalling it in the current tuner but not sure how they are reading the firmware validation.
    You should be able to go backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by mtday View Post
    Any updates on the tranny issues with the new updates?
    I think my tranny is on its last legs, partially due to the early up shifts. I started getting the shudder in 6th soon after the update, and it just started happening in 5th this week. There's no reason it should be shifting to 5th at 40mph in tow/haul, just stupid. 60k miles on the truck, drive like a grandpa but tow 8k about 75% of the time.
    You friend need custom warp tuning from @Double R Diesel for your RaceME Ultra. That will fix all your issues as Ray can lock the trans 3-6.

"The grass is greener where you water it"

5. Top Of Page | #54

User Info Menu

I agree, a custom tune would be great. The box tunes shifted great a while ago, but then just took a crap. LOL

The shudder only happens when the trans is locked in 5th or 6th at cruising speed... I think my damage has been done! LOL.

6. Thanks Stewbuntu thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #55

User Info Menu

I just wanted to say, ' I've had the same problems with a 2014 RAM 6.7L. It was jumping through 3rd to 4th and then 5th to 6th. I had the dealership rebuild it and now it's doing it again in 4th to 5th gear. I said, 'the hell with it when it finally goes out I will buy a new transmission with a tuner. I installed Raceme ultra with stock transmission settings and it has never changed anything. It's still shifting through 4th an 5th and It's annoying as all bull*. My opinion its the transmission, not the tuner. Tuner update may have affected the 2012 models an older, but my guess its dodges junk transmissions. And yes, 'I drive worse than grandpa.

8. Top Of Page | #56

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chopper View Post
    I just wanted to say, ' I've had the same problems with a 2014 RAM 6.7L. It was jumping through 3rd to 4th and then 5th to 6th. I had the dealership rebuild it and now it's doing it again in 4th to 5th gear. I said, 'the hell with it when it finally goes out I will buy a new transmission with a tuner. I installed Raceme ultra with stock transmission settings and it has never changed anything. It's still shifting through 4th an 5th and It's annoying as all bull*. My opinion its the transmission, not the tuner. Tuner update may have affected the 2012 models an older, but my guess its dodges junk transmissions. And yes, 'I drive worse than grandpa.
    The box tunes on the RaceME Ultra are horrible. Get yours custom tuned.

*Ask about becoming a Lifetime Platinum Member Today*

9. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #57

I have a 2010 2500.

My RaceME Ultra is doing the same thing from 4-5, and when going up hills, it gets a shudder in 6th gear between 52-60mph.

Any thoughts on how I can resolve this?

I just had transmission fully rebuilt with HD/billet parts.

11. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #58

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Craighalaas View Post
    I have a 2010 2500.

My RaceME Ultra is doing the same thing from 4-5, and when going up hills, it gets a shudder in 6th gear between 52-60mph.

Any thoughts on how I can resolve this?

I just had transmission fully rebuilt with HD/billet parts.
    Are you still on box tuning?

(Do you need assistance?) Please do not hesitate to PM us directly.

13. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #59

Yes, I'm still using box tunes from RaceMe.

Yes, i think I do need assistance at this point. I can't imagine it's the transmission. It's brand spanking new.

15. Likes Corkey, watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #60

User Info Menu

Craighalaas

If you are referring to the trans being brand new, did you do a proper relearn process for the trans to know when to shift correctly?

I could be wrong, I would imagine a learning sequence would be a must.

As well as getting the MM3.

II 60HP STICKS, II 33% CP3, II S464 2ND GEN SWAP, FASS 165 TITANIUM SIGNATURE SERIES, AFE INTAKE HORN, S&B FILTER, 5" TURBO BACK, ALPHAREX HEAD LIGHTS, 38X13.5X20 RAZOR M/T, MOTO METAL RIMS, 6" LA LIFT KIT, COMPLET MM3 KIT, BUILT TRANSMISSION, 6 BOLT REDHEAD STEERING BOX

17. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast