Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  5

Thread: Orange specs

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Orange specs

Hey I live in northern Minnesota so plenty of salt on the roads as I am guessing that's what's these spots are from. But I hand washed my truck today and there are orange specs EVERYWHERE that I can't wash off. Does anyone have a clue what they are? I've never had them on a vehicle before until this truck. It's white too LOL. I'm guessing I'll have to clay bar it this spring?

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, NC4stroker liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Orange specs

Quote Originally Posted by DcLOLinger View Post
    Hey I live in northern Minnesota so plenty of salt on the roads as I am guessing that's what's these spots are from. But I hand washed my truck today and there are orange specs EVERYWHERE that I can't wash off. Does anyone have a clue what they are? I've never had them on a vehicle before until this truck. It's white too LOL. I'm guessing I'll have to clay bar it this spring?
    If it's new or fairly new it's most likely rust from the metal that comes from rail transport. Probably needs a good claybar and waxing

2014 3500 (DRW) 68RFE 3:73s . mirror light mod. 20% tint front 5% tint on rear. cattleman front bumper,running boards and headache rack. puddle light mod with blue leds. RGB lights in footwells and grill. Mostly debadged. 52" light bar and a 20" on the bumper. Smoked tail,cab and side marker lights. Black bezel headlights. Led lights where possible. 37 trail Graps. 2.5 inch leveling kit. Steering box brace. Dual steering stabilizers. MM3 and "WARPED" by Double R Diesel!

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I've seen that from metal on metal worn out brake pads before... not saying that's the case with you though.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

2012 CCSB Saddle Brown Pearl... DRD tuned

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Well I work for the railroad so maybe it's from the truck being parked in the parking lot at work LOL. But it only happens in the winter. And it only has 22k miles I can't imagine the breaks are bad. I've had it for about a year and it was never like this until this winter.

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Pretty common to read about this, especially on a white truck. Clay bar as said, is what most have used, and quite a bit of work.

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu