Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 6.7 Block heater cord

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

6.7 Block heater cord

So I bought the cord for the blockheater today and installed it, Works great by the way. But my question is, There are two 3 prong connectors almost like a trailer plug. Anyone know what they are for?

Last edited by jt_cummins; 12-11-2012 at 01:22 AM.

2. Top Of Page | #2
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

OK so I figured it out, the two extra plugs are for battery heaters. There is also people who say that genos garage has them for half price. Which is true. The only thing with theirs is that it is just a straight block heater cable without the two 3 pin pigtails.I paid $65 after tax from a dealer and now have the option to add battery heaters if I want.

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Sweet Deal!

2014 Ram 2500 CCSB Ram Box Larime
    2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty
    RIP. 2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 DRD Tuning 107K miles wrecked by jeep wrangler.....

Other Toys: 1973 Charger Bougham edition 400 big block 42K original miles
    Unicycles (about 3 dozen)

6 in a row makes her go

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I was just about to say the battery blankets. That part is listed wrong. ou need one for a 06. I had one of those and got knocked on my *** with it in the snow when the truck was plugged in. And I had it wrpped too!

Go to a cummins dealer. 1/2 the price

5. Top Of Page | #5
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    I was just about to say the battery blankets. That part is listed wrong. ou need one for a 06. I had one of those and got knocked on my *** with it in the snow when the truck was plugged in. And I had it wrpped too!

Go to a cummins dealer. 1/2 the price
    Like you got shocked? what is the differance?

6. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Yeah it was wet and it carried through and charge the whole truck. I touched the truck and got shocked.

The difference is the 06 cord is just the block heater. There's no pigtail for the battery blanket

7. Top Of Page | #7
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    Yeah it was wet and it carried through and charge the whole truck. I touched the truck and got shocked.

The difference is the 06 cord is just the block heater. There's no pigtail for the battery blanket
    That sucks. will I already bought this one and I put die electric grease in and taped them shut. So if I ever want to wse them there not all corroded. so fingers crossed I should be fine.

8. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Dielectric grease conducts electricity. On the connector to the block heater it's fine. Some on the plug.

Double plastic bad and wire tie the ends. Put them so the open ends of the bags face down so not to get water in them. That's what I did and it was fine until I got the 06 cord.

Good thing the snow was 2 feet deep. I had a soft landing. LOL

9. Top Of Page | #9
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Yeah I hear ya. I have an 88 2wd ram that I took a shock off the sparkplug wire, that was exciting.

10. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

That won't kill ya. There's no real amps behind it. wet your hands and press on the battery posts. worse than putting a 9V to your tounge

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast