MM3 Power

Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  26
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 2016-2017 68rfe shift flare from TCC unlocking between gear shifts

1. Top Of Page | #31

User Info Menu

Re: 2016-2017 68rfe shift flare from TCC unlocking between gear shifts

Yes.... the converter will completely solve the flare issue. I didn't really notice a whole lot of difference with the VB but it does allow you to run the higher line pressure so you can keep those clutch packs from slipping.

The only thing in the oil field that's for sure, is nothing is for sure.......

2017 Ram Laramie Longhorn 2500, Lifted, deleted, MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel. RevMax Enhanced 68RFE

2017 Laramie Schlonghorn 2500, 4" coil spring, tubular radius arm Superlift, Sota REPR 20x10 -19 offset wheels, 35x13.50 Toyo Open Country R/T tires.. RaceME MM3 tuning by Double R Diesel, 5" Flo-Pro TBE no muffler, HPP EGR delete, GDP Mega-Flo Billet Throttle Valve Delete Airaid dry filter w/smooth inlet tube
    1974 Plymouth Roadrunner, 440ci R3 Siamese bore small block (700hp) Faceplated TKO 600 5 speed, Dana 60 with 4.56 gears
    1979 Lil Red Express (Currently doing a 12 valve Cummins swap)

2. Likes Noneck, Power247 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #32

User Info Menu

Awesome. It's not that it just bothers me having the lousy shift quality of those flare shifts, it's more that it's constantly in the back of my head every time it does that that it's just not right and feels like it's unnecessarily hard on the trans for no good reason. Hard pill to swallow at $2k to get it to where it should be but it's more of a drive quality issue and will hopefully increase trans life.

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

4. Top Of Page | #33

User Info Menu

I just got a 2018 HD 6.7 and the shift flare is very very intense from 3-4 and once it in 4th for a quick second it feels like it up shifts another gear but its still in 4th. The flare is not to bad form 4-5 and 5-6. And there is a hint of it from 1-2 and 2-3. I had a 2014 half ton with the 8 speed before this truck and it acted almost the exact same way as this 68 dose.

Honestly I'm very disappointed. I really don't want to put a aftermarket TC in my brand new truck and burn the factory warranty.

Since it hasn't been mentioned here I guess there is no TC from Mopar that can be factotry installed that fixes this and would leave my warranty intact???

5. Top Of Page | #34

User Info Menu

2016-2017 68rfe shift flare from TCC unlocking between gear shifts

I went through the exact same thing with my 2017...... The dealer gave me every excuse in the book for the flare.... “it’s because you installed a lift” and when I laughed at them and said to try again they came back with “You have 1.5” taller tires and that’s why it flares” After 6 weeks I had enough of them. I was convinced it was in the trans tuning so I deleted and tuned my rig with only 1000 miles on it. After tuning the flare was WORSE! Then Ray (DRD) did some research and figured out converter issue. I immediately installed the RevMax ultra low stall and valve body. PROBLEM SOLVED! Since then I went ahead and had a complete RevMax Signature Series 550 built and couldn’t be happier.

But as far I know, Fiat does not have a fix for this to keep warranty.

The only thing in the oil field that's for sure, is nothing is for sure.......

2017 Ram Laramie Longhorn 2500, Lifted, deleted, MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel. RevMax Enhanced 68RFE

2017 Laramie Schlonghorn 2500, 4" coil spring, tubular radius arm Superlift, Sota REPR 20x10 -19 offset wheels, 35x13.50 Toyo Open Country R/T tires.. RaceME MM3 tuning by Double R Diesel, 5" Flo-Pro TBE no muffler, HPP EGR delete, GDP Mega-Flo Billet Throttle Valve Delete Airaid dry filter w/smooth inlet tube
    1974 Plymouth Roadrunner, 440ci R3 Siamese bore small block (700hp) Faceplated TKO 600 5 speed, Dana 60 with 4.56 gears
    1979 Lil Red Express (Currently doing a 12 valve Cummins swap)

6. Likes Power247, watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #35

User Info Menu

I have a pending matter with the IL Attorney General against FCA for their wonderful parts they released for a recall on my 09. I had to go to this extreme after 5 trips to the dealership that did the work and 6 to private shops to try and get answers
    I'm out well over $2000 and the issue isn't fixed. And keeps happening every time I have to replace a part. New parts go bad within 50 miles due to a faulty part they put in

All of this for going to have key fobs programmed and told there was recalls and they would do them while it was there

8. Top Of Page | #36

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 9mgcb81 View Post
    I have a pending matter with the IL Attorney General against FCA for their wonderful parts they released for a recall on my 09. I had to go to this extreme after 5 trips to the dealership that did the work and 6 to private shops to try and get answers
    I'm out well over $2000 and the issue isn't fixed. And keeps happening every time I have to replace a part. New parts go bad within 50 miles due to a faulty part they put in

All of this for going to have key fobs programmed and told there was recalls and they would do them while it was there
    Wow bud that sucks that you’ve had so many problems

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L deleted with RaceMe full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Toyo ATll 35/12.50/17 on factory rims

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234