Thanks Thanks:  50
Likes Likes:  65
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MM3, RT files, and ECM flash

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

MM3, RT files, and ECM flash

If I have a RT file load at start-up every time, does it flash the ECM? Does the ECM ever get flashed when using a RT file?

Thanks

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: MM3, RT files, and ECM flash

Schmidty,

RTG just replaces the values in RAM of the ECM.

No ECM flash.

So to answer your question... NO! using the RTG function does not ever flash the ECM.

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Thank you

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Here is the question on another forum, or call it a concern (is the following a correct statement regarding not being able to cancel it):

Yes basically it's a programming lack there of, there's no way to cancel the "send every startup" without reprogramming the ECM. I have heard zero info about this, but I would assume with enough complaints raceme could send out an update for this problem.

5. Thanks HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN thanked for this post
  6. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
    Here is the question on another forum, or call it a concern (is the following a correct statement regarding not being able to cancel it):

Yes basically it's a programming lack there of, there's no way to cancel the "send every startup" without reprogramming the ECM. I have heard zero info about this, but I would assume with enough complaints raceme could send out an update for this problem.

Not really an issue. Just have a trans relearn period.
    It's been stated here a couple of times but maybe was in the premium members thread. I accidentally hit the send every key and reprogrammed ecm took about 6 mins and a few miles of relearn and done.

2014 3500 (DRW) 68RFE 3:73s . mirror light mod. 20% tint front 5% tint on rear. cattleman front bumper,running boards and headache rack. puddle light mod with blue leds. RGB lights in footwells and grill. Mostly debadged. 52" light bar and a 20" on the bumper. Smoked tail,cab and side marker lights. Black bezel headlights. Led lights where possible. 37 trail Graps. 2.5 inch leveling kit. Steering box brace. Dual steering stabilizers. MM3 and "WARPED" by Double R Diesel!

7. Thanks MM3 Power, HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN thanked for this post
    Likes MM3 Power liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Do you guys have multiple ECM files?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by theaaronbush View Post
    Do you guys have multiple ECM files?

I do LOL!

What they are saying is the only way to get out of a send at every key on rt file is to reprogram the ecm. Which is true. Its not a very handy feature at this time, unless they can change that, which is why I recommend people shouldn't use it. Just take the few minutes to change to the RT file you want when you start it, and don't select every key on.

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

10. Thanks HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post

To answer this question... You must "program custom file to ecm" again in order to get a RT configuration that has been set to "every key on" back to "send only once". If you don't do this, you'll get error messages. Now keep in mind I'm only talking a MM3 here or an Ultra using Warp Tuning. This is nothing to do with how the ecm works. This is how the firmware engineers set things up. Matter of fact I've talked with the powers at be about possibly changing this quirk.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

12. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RATLIN'HP View Post
    I do LOL!

What they are saying is the only way to get out of a send at every key on rt file is to reprogram the ecm. Which is true. Its not a very handy feature at this time, unless they can change that, which is why I recommend people shouldn't use it. Just take the few minutes to change to the RT file you want when you start it, and don't select every key on.
    Oh I understand, I don't use the every key on either. Haven't used it since I got Warp last March.

13. Thanks HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN thanked for this post
    Likes RATLIN'HP liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

LOL I'm not completely sure, but pretty sure I don't even have any RT files at the moment. That's how often I stray from the ecm tune LOL. But I think I have 3 or 4 ecm tunes in the folder that I'm just too lazy to delete, cuz only need one.

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast