Thanks Thanks:  50
Likes Likes:  65
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: MM3, RT files, and ECM flash

1. Top Of Page | #31

User Info Menu

Re: MM3, RT files, and ECM flash

I am confused! What the Heck!

2014 Ram Laramie 3500 CCSB 6.7 Cummins. 3.42 gears. EGR Delete. Flo~Pro 5 inch TBE. ARP 625's. GDP grid delete and S2. 464 BMP Turbo on 2nd Gen Manifold. BD Exhaust Brake. Fass 150G Fuel System. BBI 1.5's. Exergy 10mm Stroker Pump. RevMax 68RFE 700 Series. Dual remote oil filters. Thuren coils. Carli progressive leafs with Thuren Kings 2.5. AMP Steps. Snow Performance Water/Meth Stage 2. BDS Recoil Traction Bars.
    Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35's on 20 x 10 Fuel Vapors.

2. Thanks HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN thanked for this post
    Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #32

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TX NIGHT TRAIN View Post
    Right now to get it off every key on option you have to reprogram the ECM file. That does flash the ecm and will require a relearn period.
    Well not exactly LOL. The issue was/is the every key on rt feature, but Rays video proves that to not be true by doing it the way CJ explained it.

After you have ran a rt file at every key on, just select to run another rt file but only select send once instead of every key on. Then when shutting the truck down it reverts back to the ecm file, and no flash needed.

Rays video shows the process working plain as day. However when I'm doing it, it has not worked quite as slick. Could be old firmware I'm running. I'm not sure? But mine is acting as of its gonna take a bit to go back to the ecm tune, and that's if it even does I guess. Curiosity is getting to me so I'm gonna go fire it up here in a bit. It's been a couple hours now, so I will see what it does.

But again Rays video shows it working just as it should and how to do it without reflash the ecm.

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

4. Thanks HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN, MM3 Power thanked for this post
    Likes MM3 Power liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #33

User Info Menu

And I'm back to my ecm tune without a reflash. It took a longer shut down then I was doing, but I can't be sure how long it took. Like I said it's been 2 hours since I shut it off now. But I am back to my ecm tune without a reflash and no issues other than it taking some sort of a longer shut down period to switch back.

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

6. Top Of Page | #34

User Info Menu

Me and CJ have talked. Perhaps we can get the firmware engineers to simplify things in the future. The MM3 with the newest firmware works as it is supposed to, but I can't speak for an Ultra.

Remember this...
    If you ever get stumped, stuck, or utterly confused with your tuner, unplug it at the OBD connection after you shut off your truck and plug it back in. This will reset the unit and fix most quirks you might run into.😉

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

7. Top Of Page | #35

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RATLIN'HP View Post
    Well not exactly LOL. The issue was/is the every key on rt feature, but Rays video proves that to not be true by doing it the way CJ explained it.

After you have ran a rt file at every key on, just select to run another rt file but only select send once instead of every key on. Then when shutting the truck down it reverts back to the ecm file, and no flash needed.

Rays video shows the process working plain as day. However when I'm doing it, it has not worked quite as slick. Could be old firmware I'm running. I'm not sure? But mine is acting as of its gonna take a bit to go back to the ecm tune, and that's if it even does I guess. Curiosity is getting to me so I'm gonna go fire it up here in a bit. It's been a couple hours now, so I will see what it does.

But again Rays video shows it working just as it should and how to do it without reflash the ecm.
    Thanks! I couldn't see the video on mobile for whatever reason. That's great info!

2014 3500 (DRW) 68RFE 3:73s . mirror light mod. 20% tint front 5% tint on rear. cattleman front bumper,running boards and headache rack. puddle light mod with blue leds. RGB lights in footwells and grill. Mostly debadged. 52" light bar and a 20" on the bumper. Smoked tail,cab and side marker lights. Black bezel headlights. Led lights where possible. 37 trail Graps. 2.5 inch leveling kit. Steering box brace. Dual steering stabilizers. MM3 and "WARPED" by Double R Diesel!

8. Thanks RATLIN'HP thanked for this post
    Likes RATLIN'HP, theaaronbush liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #36

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TX NIGHT TRAIN View Post
    Thanks! I couldn't see the video on mobile for whatever reason. That's great info!
    No problem. This is something I was definately unaware of, so news to me LOL. I still won't use the every key on feature as of now, but might use it when it gets warmer. Something about it changing to RT tune while the grid heater is drawing all the power way down makes me gun shy to use the feature when it's cold.

10. Likes theaaronbush liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #37

User Info Menu

No problem. This is something I was definately unaware of, so news to me LOL. I still won't use the every key on feature as of now, but might use it when it gets warmer. Something about it changing to RT tune while the grid heater is drawing all the power way down makes me gun shy to use the feature when it's cold.
    Grid heater!!!! what's that?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Top Of Page | #38

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by theaaronbush View Post
    Grid heater!!!! what's that?!?

Hey man it was 40 degrees today! Windows down, shorts on, and rockin the crocks LOL!

13. Top Of Page | #39

User Info Menu

Hey man it was 40 degrees today! Windows down, shorts on, and rockin the crocks LOL!
    That is too funny!! That's like summer time there right?!? It got to 81 here the other day! It's been in the 70s for over a week! Ahhh...winter!

14. Likes RATLIN'HP, 4kids2dogs&RV liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #40

User Info Menu

Woah I'm really confused LOL. I am getting the ultra Installed with full deletes and pipe as this is my first delete and first diesel. Now I'm nervous I thought I had the hang of the raceme finally LOL. I guess I'll have to play with it when it's done

16. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast