Thanks Thanks:  50
Likes Likes:  65
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: MM3, RT files, and ECM flash

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: MM3, RT files, and ECM flash

Quote Originally Posted by RATLIN'HP View Post
    LOL I'm not completely sure, but pretty sure I don't even have any RT files at the moment. That's how often I stray from the ecm tune LOL. But I think I have 3 or 4 ecm tunes in the folder that I'm just too lazy to delete, cuz only need one.
    I only have one ECM file...the 10-12 models were different than the newer trucks I believe. It was gonna be a lot more of a hassle to have multiple ECM files.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by theaaronbush View Post
    I only have one ECM file...the 10-12 models were different than the newer trucks I believe. It was gonna be a lot more of a hassle to have multiple ECM files.

I only have multiples from testing LOL. Anybody only needs one to make this clear, and so no one gets confused. My last ecm testing file was exhaust brake warm up, and because that changed the VGT maps, none of my current rt files would work with that ecm file, thus I have no rt files at the moment, and don't really care at the moment either, cuz I'm not going back to the previous ecm file and losing that eb warm up feature LOL.

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

4. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

I only have multiples from testing LOL. Anybody only needs one to make this clear, and so no one gets confused. My last ecm testing file was exhaust brake warm up, and because that changed the VGT maps, none of my current rt files would work with that ecm file, thus I have no rt files at the moment, and don't really care at the moment either, cuz I'm not going back to the previous ecm file and losing that eb warm up feature LOL.
    Did you lose it from testing new stuff? I remember you dropping some hints a while back about some new stuff but I don't know if I know it's come out yet!

5. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

So if I select send at every key on and load an RT file, the RT file will be stuck on the truck in other words? How about if I remove the ultra from the truck, the last RT file will be on there? I never used the send at every key on when playing with RT files so I wasn't aware of this.

2016 Ram 3500 Mega Cab Laramie 4x4 AISIN 3.73 DRW - RaceMe Ultra / WARP by Double R Diesel
    2012 Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 4x4 68RFE 3.73 - Mini Maxx MCC by Double R Diesel
    2010 Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 4x4 Garmon 68RFE 3.73 - 500k+ miles Raceme Ultra / Warp by Double R Diesel

6. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by theaaronbush View Post
    Did you lose it from testing new stuff? I remember you dropping some hints a while back about some new stuff but I don't know if I know it's come out yet!

No, we never had it in 13+ trucks. So eb warm up was what I was hinting about. Ray is the one that figured it all out, and told the software guys what they were missing and needed to make it work LOL. The reason it didn't become a bigger deal is cuz once Ray figured out, box tuning updated with a working eb warm up feature also LOL.

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

7. Likes theaaronbush liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

No, we never had it in 13+ trucks. So eb warm up was what I was hinting about. Ray is the one that figured it all out, and told the software guys what they were missing and needed to make it work LOL. The reason it didn't become a bigger deal is cuz once Ray figured out, box tuning updated with a working eb warm up feature also LOL.
    Hmm...I did not know that! I wonder why they didn't include the EB warmup?

9. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Hello again everybody!

Seems we have some serious confusion going on.

Especially on that other forum... if you can call it that;-)

To put this to rest... YOU CAN, I repeat, you CAN switch from (Send only once) to (send at every key cycle) and BACK, WITHOUT having to re-flash the truck.

It's simple. You select the RTG, or RTP that you want to send, then choose once, or at every key cycle.

You MUST select a new RTG, or RTP, before you can change the RT command, and I think that is where the confusion was coming from.

So, to come to an end, this has always been this way. You must tell the product what you are wanting it to do(select a RT file) rather than just changing the send command.

Will one of you gentlemen please spread the word on that "other" place.

Thanks,
    C.J.

10. Thanks TH-64, 13trucker thanked for this post
    Likes RATLIN'HP, TH-64, RamIt liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MM3 Power View Post
    Hello again everybody!

Seems we have some serious confusion going on.

Especially on that other forum... if you can call it that;-)

To put this to rest... YOU CAN, I repeat, you CAN switch from (Send only once) to (send at every key cycle) and BACK, WITHOUT having to re-flash the truck.

It's simple. You select the RTG, or RTP that you want to send, then choose once, or at every key cycle.

You MUST select a new RTG, or RTP, before you can change the RT command, and I think that is where the confusion was coming from.

So, to come to an end, this has always been this way. You must tell the product what you are wanting it to do(select a RT file) rather than just changing the send command.

Will one of you gentlemen please spread the word on that "other" place.

Thanks,
    C.J.
    I might be a little confused or even more confused now. I just checked and I do have one rt file right now presently. So if if selected that rt file then select every key on, and if I want my ecm file back, do I just go into the RT menu select the same one and only rt file that I have, and have set to every key on, but only this time select it, and select send once instead. Then once it changes to that rt file I can shut truck off and since I selected send only once it will be back to the ecm tune???

12. Thanks DanO thanked for this post
    Likes DanO liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

I might be a little confused or even more confused now. I just checked and I do have one rt file right now presently. So if if selected that rt file then select every key on, and if I want my ecm file back, do I just go into the RT menu select the same one and only rt file that I have, and have set to every key on, but only this time select it, and select send once instead. Then once it changes to that rt file I can shut truck off and since I selected send only once it will be back to the ecm tune???
    "do I just go into the RT menu select the same one and only rt file that I have, and have set to every key on, but only this time select it, and select send once instead. Then once it changes to that rt file I can shut truck off and since I selected send only once it will be back to the ecm tune???"

Yes!

You did a great job of almost confusing me too! LOL(joking)

It does sound complicated, but just remember... It will do what you last commanded it to do.

I will talk with the engineers to see if we can simplify things a bit.

14. Thanks RATLIN'HP thanked for this post
    Likes RATLIN'HP liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

I know I re read my post and it was confusing. Sorry. But I get what you're saying now. I don't know how hard it would be to change the software, but a "cancel" or "ecm file" option would be great.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast