Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Random Interior Bell/Chime w/ No Dash/Engine Code Errors

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Random Interior Bell/Chime w/ No Dash/Engine Code Errors

I've been trying to find a rhyme or reason for this for a few months now.

I own a 2007 Ram Mega Cab 2500 4x4.

I'll be driving (never parked) anywhere it seems and for no particular reason will hear the interior chime go off once or twice. Some trips out I never hear it. Other trips it will happen several times.. No instrument panel messages... Nothing on the Edge CTS2 log. Nothing blinks out. Nothing stops working. Happens at night just as infrequent as during the daytime. The chime is the same chime you would hear if you had the engine off and left the keys in the ignition with the drivers door open.

Read on another forum where it was believed to be a loss in connection/connectivity with the rear tail light assemblies... those always work.

Anyone else experience same problem/symptoms?

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Random Interior Bell/Chime w/ No Dash/Engine Code Errors

Quote Originally Posted by bwoodley View Post
    I've been trying to find a rhyme or reason for this for a few months now.

I own a 2007 Ram Mega Cab 2500 4x4.

I'll be driving (never parked) anywhere it seems and for no particular reason will hear the interior chime go off once or twice. Some trips out I never hear it. Other trips it will happen several times.. No instrument panel messages... Nothing on the Edge CTS2 log. Nothing blinks out. Nothing stops working. Happens at night just as infrequent as during the daytime. The chime is the same chime you would hear if you had the engine off and left the keys in the ignition with the drivers door open.

Read on another forum where it was believed to be a loss in connection/connectivity with the rear tail light assemblies... those always work.

Anyone else experience same problem/symptoms?
    Has the wiring been messed with? I assume all the accessories work? Try the passenger door from the right door switch. There probably a lower priority code the CTS can't see, It needs a higher level reader, like Autoenginuity.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Actually yes...
    The vehicle has the factory 7 way plug installed.. there was a splitter installed that allowed a bed connection for a 5th wheel trailer and the previous owner felt the need to hack into the factory 7 way wiring to install a 4 wire plug rather then just buying or using an adapter....
    I have since taken the 5th wheel trailer connection splitter out of the wiring harness and reconnected direct to the bumper and I have removed the 4 wire hack job and re-established all the wiring harness connections above the spare tire and at the rear bumper. Nothing else is left.. Thought I had fixed it until the other day when it the chimes went off again.

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Redo the electrical connection, sand wires softly until clean, twist together in a straight line (one twists one way the other twists the opposite, add dialectric grease and then heat shrink, then liquid electrical tape over each wire at the edge of the heat shrink.

Sent from my LG-VS985 using Tapatalk

2012 2500 ST w/ manmual 4x4 from the auction w 16k miles - Upgrades so far - Leather, LED bed lights, HID projectors, Nav = Appradio3 w ARU unchained reloaded full touch screencast & tailgate handle backup camera, homemade front hitch and reciever w 12k lb winch, reverse lights, soft open tailgate, transfercase linkage mod, Ultra and deletes, folding back seat mod, Kicker hideaway under drivers seat, Fumoto valve and safety clip, new warrantied turbo at 16k. Rocker Aux panel switches, Ford fold away bed extender, inverter outlet mod, soon an overhead console. Pulling a 2001 Prokat 2200WA around on my days off.

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Stewbuntu View Post
    Redo the electrical connection, sand wires softly until clean, twist together in a straight line (one twists one way the other twists the opposite, add dialectric grease and then heat shrink, then liquid electrical tape over each wire at the edge of the heat shrink.

Sent from my LG-VS985 using Tapatalk
    Good advice. Soldering is best. Dielectric grease and the proper sized heat shrink is what I do everywhere. It's a PITA, but failures are eliminated. If you use crimp butt splices, do the same thing. Dielectric grease the wire, crimp and heat shrink. However, you shouldn't be getting a chime unless something is connected to the plug. Was it hacked under the dash?

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

6. Likes rickywoodworking liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

I have the same issue mine was light bulb it would ding then correct itself almost instantly there for not showing a light on the dashboard than one day i had someone in my truck with me and it started binging i had them stare at the dashboard that when I found out what was causing it mine turned out to be brake/tail light drivers side one of the philament was breaking contact as i was driving... good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In pursuit of more power in which the wallet will allow mods to date. Edge Evolution, Banks Air Filter, 5" cat back Banks Monster exhaust, Billet built auto trans Triple disc TC, Derale trans cooler, Sinister coolant filter,5" aluminum drive shafts
    Gary

http://igotacummins.com/vbrides.php?...3#.VT-wuiFVhBc

8. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

If it is a soft ding and it's a tradesman and you haven't deleted it could be Regen.

2014 3500 (DRW) 68RFE 3:73s . mirror light mod. 20% tint front 5% tint on rear. cattleman front bumper,running boards and headache rack. puddle light mod with blue leds. RGB lights in footwells and grill. Mostly debadged. 52" light bar and a 20" on the bumper. Smoked tail,cab and side marker lights. Black bezel headlights. Led lights where possible. 37 trail Graps. 2.5 inch leveling kit. Steering box brace. Dual steering stabilizers. MM3 and "WARPED" by Double R Diesel!