Thanks Thanks:  62
Likes Likes:  105
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ez Lynk Tuner Device Discussions

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Ez Lynk Tuner Device Discussions

Quote Originally Posted by Double R Diesel View Post
    A lot folks don't understand this, but a lot of what has marketed as EFI Live isn't truly EFI Live...it is tuning done in binary or hex that was imported into an EFI Live base file that is in turn loaded to a truck via an EFI Live device.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com
    True because EFI has not fully mapped out the 13+ trucks that's where the 3rd parties come in play as you have stated.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

2. Thanks HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN thanked for this post
    Likes HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN, AnOldBiker liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

A lot folks don't understand this, but a lot of what has marketed as EFI Live isn't truly EFI Live...it is tuning done in binary or hex that was imported into an EFI Live base file that is in turn loaded to a truck via an EFI Live device.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com
    Right! EFI doesn't support some of the things that tuners do..(details not needed) and that's how tuners get done what they need done

2014 3500 (DRW) 68RFE 3:73s . mirror light mod. 20% tint front 5% tint on rear. cattleman front bumper,running boards and headache rack. puddle light mod with blue leds. RGB lights in footwells and grill. Mostly debadged. 52" light bar and a 20" on the bumper. Smoked tail,cab and side marker lights. Black bezel headlights. Led lights where possible. 37 trail Graps. 2.5 inch leveling kit. Steering box brace. Dual steering stabilizers. MM3 and "WARPED" by Double R Diesel!

4. Thanks HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN thanked for this post
    Likes HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN, AnOldBiker liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com
    I can only guess who is the main man behind ezlink, and if it's who I think it is, the tuning platform should be great! Many of us have probably ran his stuff before under a different name if I'm right. I'm just not a high tech guy and would rather not use my phone as a monitor. Although I'd assume a tablet could be used also. I'm open minded, but have initial doubts it's something I'd be interested in. But you never know about the future. Different ecm in the next year or so and it could be a scramble like the 2013 trucks to crack into them.

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

6. Thanks HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Just wanted jump in this discussion again and let you guys know that I will be playing around with an EZlynk Auto Agent here soon on one of my trucks. The tuning platform for the Cummins is still under development but I should have what I need in the coming days to build myself a tune file and try it.

Before anyone ask...

Will I offer the EZlynk with my tuning? Possibly, if it works to my standards, I would offer this as an option.

How much will cost and when would be available? Can't answer that yet.

What year models will it support? Only 2013-17 model Cummins have any tentative support coming. Maybe more down the road.

I'll report back once I have more info to share.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

8. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

I guess my question is this. I am in the process of tuning my 14 with Double R Diesel once he gets up with me and I guess once that is done with him why would I want to re-tune my truck again. As long as the tune holds up why mess with anything. Or am I missing something

9. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, AnOldBiker liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sausage View Post
    I guess my question is this. I am in the process of tuning my 14 with Double R Diesel once he gets up with me and I guess once that is done with him why would I want to re-tune my truck again. As long as the tune holds up why mess with anything. Or am I missing something
    If you are happy with everything there would be no reason. Seems some are always chasing the next big thing or that extra 2hp.

2014 3500 (DRW) 68RFE 3:73s . mirror light mod. 20% tint front 5% tint on rear. cattleman front bumper,running boards and headache rack. puddle light mod with blue leds. RGB lights in footwells and grill. Mostly debadged. 52" light bar and a 20" on the bumper. Smoked tail,cab and side marker lights. Black bezel headlights. Led lights where possible. 37 trail Graps. 2.5 inch leveling kit. Steering box brace. Dual steering stabilizers. MM3 and "WARPED" by Double R Diesel!

11. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  12. Top Of Page | #17
    Permanent Vacation Calibrated Addiction's Avatar

User Info Menu

Weve been testing ezlynk since early january, thus far it has been an awesome platform. 3 minutes flashes, all kinds of capabilities, direct communication between your technician, and end user via the app, awesome logging, and a ton of other features. Some may not like the whole using the phone for a moniter idea, but you can also use an ipad, and alot of guys have put them into their dashes in the past for a media center so to us, this idea is kind of cool. It is not efiLive based but has similair capabilities. However it uses its own file encryption

13. Thanks DRD, IGOTACUMMINS, Bigmack thanked for this post
    Likes DRD, IGOTACUMMINS, Bigmack, AnOldBiker liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #18
    Permanent Vacation Dale's Super Store's Avatar

User Info Menu

We're super excited for this!!!

15. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, AnOldBiker liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

Wonder if the tuning platform can be downloaded and used by the enthusiasts tuners?

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

17. Likes AnOldBiker liked this post
  18. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RATLIN'HP View Post
    Wonder if the tuning platform can be downloaded and used by the enthusiasts tuners?
    I'm wondering the same!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

19. Likes AnOldBiker liked this post
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast