Thanks Thanks:  62
Likes Likes:  105
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ez Lynk Tuner Device Discussions

1. Top Of Page | #21

User Info Menu

Ez Lynk Tuner Device Discussions

hmmm, a tablet in my truck..... no thanks. and using my phone to run my truck? no thanks. I can just see it now.... driving along and my phone decides it's gonna shut off (it has happened), and then what happens... does it keep the files and just keep doing its thing or does the truck go tits up and you're stranded til your phone decides to work....

I think I'd rather stay with something that is mounted in the truck and never worry about it.

2. Thanks DRD thanked for this post
    Likes DRD liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #22

User Info Menu

Well in case if anyone wonders if we have done any testing with the Ezlynk...the answer is no for now.

We are not gonna down this product by any means but we are not jumping in head first with it. The MM3 works great for our customers and as the saying goes...if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, RATLIN'HP, 2rr2nv2014 thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, RATLIN'HP, MM3 Power liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #23

User Info Menu

@Double R Diesel didn't another company try this is 2011 and it was a disaster?

🏁Join us as Lifetime Platinum Member today!🏁

"The grass is greener where you water it"

6. Top Of Page | #24

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTACUMMINS View Post
    @Double R Diesel didn't another company try this is 2011 and it was a disaster?

Yes SCT tried something similar.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

7. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #25

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Double R Diesel View Post
    Yes SCT tried something similar.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...f4a760216b.jpg

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    OH BOY!

"The grass is greener where you water it"

9. Top Of Page | #26

User Info Menu

I have friends in the tuning industry that are selling the EZLYNK now, so I'm not gonna discredit anything they do. However there are many others that are as well.

My advice for anyone about to buy this product is to choose someone with a history of great customer service. This product is new and will have its challenges to overcome, so the consumer needs to be sure they purchase from someone who will take care of their customers.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com

10. Top Of Page | #27
    Permanent Vacation Calibrated Addiction's Avatar

User Info Menu

The short answer to what happens when you phone or other wireless device shuts off is nothing, you may lose you guage monitor if the power goes off ,but nothing spontaneously happens. We have been testing this product since Early January. It just goes on about its business. This system is miles ahead of what the old SCT stuff was. The switches as of right now are still hard wired so you wouldn't even lose that aspect of your tuning. The way we have to look at it as tuners is..... this is another product that can deliver our product to the end user securely. bottom line is there are sever products on the market. Efilive works great..... MM3 works exceptionally well..... Ezlynk is another delivery platform that the end user can choose. Some of our ford guys have went as far as to mount I pads into their dashes and that makes a neat project combined with this product. As far as it being a disaster its early yet but seems like a very legit product

11. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, DRD, Noquarter thanked for this post
  12. Top Of Page | #28

User Info Menu

I was wondering about ezlynk. I thought it was a neat idea.

I actually would like the idea of an iPad mini custom installed for a set of gauges and everything else it could do.
    But I have a question no one has answered yet and don't want to purchase one to find out.

Sooooo my truck is a 2016 limited. I have the uconnect system in my dash (don't know if they all have it now or not) but my dash is a computer all by itself. Synks with my phone so all my apps are displayed in the console. It is in effect like having my cell phone built into the dash from the factory with a much larger screen.

So would I be able to use the ezlynk (that synks w my phone) then synk my phone to my truck .....Then open the ezlynk app on my trucks screen to have my gauges displayed on the center console of my truck?

From what I can see it would work.

Would like to be sure before I buy.

13. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #29
    Permanent Vacation Calibrated Addiction's Avatar

User Info Menu

Mine is the same as yours only a 2015 I considered doing a lockpick app that will convert RA4 to run off a android or other operation system. This would let you do as your talking about as well as let it run your other apps. I'm going to say the lock pick wont be easy and may require to disassemble the ra4 but the end result would be awesome for sure

15. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, Noneck liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #30
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

With Ez Lynk would I be able to write a custom tune myself like with MCC or is it going to require some sort of binary or hex editing to accomplish a true delete tune like with efi live?

17. Likes Cummins7 liked this post
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast