Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  11
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: In FL you need a Sunglasses holder Overhead console

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

In FL you need a Sunglasses holder Overhead console

Please pardon the grammar this was voice captured on my phone.

How far from the edge of the headliner is it to the overhead console?
    What is the width and length of the console?

Original:
    So in FL you need a sunglasses holder. I'm used to having the overhead console with the flip down sunglasses bin. So I started researching and found that the charger / Chrysler 300 / Jeep Grand Cherokee had a sunglasses console - all the same part. The interchangeability of all the Chrysler products seems like it would be to my benefit. I ordered the retainer bracket from Chrysler that fits the charger overhead console. I then found a smokin deal for the console on eBay for $15.

Now I just need to verify that it's not bigger than the Cummins console so I can always go to that. Also how far from the edge of the headliner to start to make my cut. I was hoping that someone might have a minute or two to measure from the headliner to the edge of their console, and check the width and the length. It might actually be the same, I'm hoping it is, in which case you guys might be able to switch out your consoles if that would float your boat.

The retainer bracket looks like it lines up with the screws for the sun visors perfectly.

Here are some links and such I have saved so far.

The console in the video below looks like it will work. I'm not sure about the curvature though vs our headliner.

Jeep grand cheroke, chysler sebring or 300, and charger have the same cinaole depending on year. It cost as low as $15 to $60. They all need an insert to go behind the headliner that the console clips into just like our trucks(see video). Maybe a little spray foam added to the insert, then cut to fit our gap (liner to the roof) and then inserted it would prob work and not vibrate.

If the width and length are smaller than the cummins console then I can always cut more out for the larger cummins console.

Videos for Charger, Grand Cherokee, 300 console:

Charger/300 Part:
    http://www.myMoparparts.com/?p=catal...head%20console

2006-2010 is as low as $15
    No-sunroof part# - 1AR29DW1AB or 1AR29DW1AA
    Overhead colsole headliner retainer part# 05137547AB or possibly 05170132AA

See part 5 -
    https://www.Moparpartsoverstock.com/...roduct=6848506

2014 round corner console is $100 to $200 on ebay and doesnt look as good in my opinion, although the black may look nicer:
    http://www.myMoparparts.com/?p=catal...head%20console

Console: 1RG01DX9AG replaces 1RG01DX9AB, 1RG01DX9AC, 1RG01DX9AD, 1RG01DX9AE, 1RG01DX9AF

Interior-Roof-Retainer Bracket: 5108265AC replaces 5108265AA, 5108265AB

Cummins Parts if the options above don't work:
    http://www.ramforum.com/f75/adding_o...console-23296/

2012 2500 ST w/ manmual 4x4 from the auction w 16k miles - Upgrades so far - Leather, LED bed lights, HID projectors, Nav = Appradio3 w ARU unchained reloaded full touch screencast & tailgate handle backup camera, homemade front hitch and reciever w 12k lb winch, reverse lights, soft open tailgate, transfercase linkage mod, Ultra and deletes, folding back seat mod, Kicker hideaway under drivers seat, Fumoto valve and safety clip, new warrantied turbo at 16k. Rocker Aux panel switches, Ford fold away bed extender, inverter outlet mod, soon an overhead console. Pulling a 2001 Prokat 2200WA around on my days off.

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: In FL you need a Sunglasses holder Overhead console

Steve White motors sells the complete kit I believe. It comes with a template I think. I've also been wanting to do this but all my projects have been on hold until after the holidays.

2014 3500 (DRW) 68RFE 3:73s . mirror light mod. 20% tint front 5% tint on rear. cattleman front bumper,running boards and headache rack. puddle light mod with blue leds. RGB lights in footwells and grill. Mostly debadged. 52" light bar and a 20" on the bumper. Smoked tail,cab and side marker lights. Black bezel headlights. Led lights where possible. 37 trail Graps. 2.5 inch leveling kit. Steering box brace. Dual steering stabilizers. MM3 and "WARPED" by Double R Diesel!

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TX NIGHT TRAIN View Post
    Steve White motors sells the complete kit I believe. It comes with a template I think. I've also been wanting to do this but all my projects have been on hold until after the holidays.

I have the parts already

Sent from my LG-VS985 using Tapatalk

2012 2500 ST w/ manmual 4x4 from the auction w 16k miles - Upgrades so far - Leather, LED bed lights, HID projectors, Nav = Appradio3 w ARU unchained reloaded full touch screencast & tailgate handle backup camera, homemade front hitch and reciever w 12k lb winch, reverse lights, soft open tailgate, transfercase linkage mod, Ultra and deletes, folding back seat mod, Kicker hideaway under drivers seat, Fumoto valve and safety clip, new warrantied turbo at 16k. Rocker Aux panel switches, Ford fold away bed extender, inverter outlet mod, soon an overhead console. Pulling a 2001 Prokat 2200WA around on my days off.

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Sorry bud I misunderstood what you were asking. Hopefully someone can help you out

2014 3500 (DRW) 68RFE 3:73s . mirror light mod. 20% tint front 5% tint on rear. cattleman front bumper,running boards and headache rack. puddle light mod with blue leds. RGB lights in footwells and grill. Mostly debadged. 52" light bar and a 20" on the bumper. Smoked tail,cab and side marker lights. Black bezel headlights. Led lights where possible. 37 trail Graps. 2.5 inch leveling kit. Steering box brace. Dual steering stabilizers. MM3 and "WARPED" by Double R Diesel!

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Stewbuntu View Post
    Please pardon the grammar this was voice captured on my phone.

How far from the edge of the headliner is it to the overhead console?
    What is the width and length of the console?
    I will measure mine in the morning and let you know.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

10. Thanks TX NIGHT TRAIN thanked for this post
    Likes TX NIGHT TRAIN liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

@Stewbuntu

From transition point at the windshield to the inside edge of the console is about an inch

From the transition point on each side to the inside edge of the console is also about an inch. And 4 inches from the visor mount.

Let me know if you need any other measurements.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Greg

12. Thanks Stewbuntu thanked for this post
    Likes Stewbuntu liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Can you check overall size, width and length, to see if the 2 different consoles are the same size.

14. Likes Power247 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

You are the man. I really appreciate this. Cant wait to install a console. Keeping my finger crossed it will be a direct fit

16. Likes Power247 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Stewbuntu View Post
    You are the man. I really appreciate this. Cant wait to install a console. Keeping my finger crossed it will be a direct fit

The console is 8" wide side to side and 12" from to back

Greg

18. Thanks Stewbuntu thanked for this post
    Likes Stewbuntu liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Im home now so if you need more info, send me a pm and I will give you my number.

Greg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast