Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Bad CCV?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Bad CCV?

Hey group I'm out in a little family vacay, yesterday by check engine light came on P04DB crankcase vetalation system disconnected is the code. From what I have found this is likely due to a clogged CCV. My truck is a 2016 and only has 9k miles on it. Seems premature for the CCV to need replacing, if that is infact the issue. If it is, is it covered by the warranty? Thoughts?

thanks Paul

2016 Tradesman 6.7 manual. Pile of parts waiting to be installed.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Bad CCV?

I would expect everything to be covered with only 9k on the clock.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Homebrew View Post
    Hey group I'm out in a little family vacay, yesterday by check engine light came on P04DB crankcase vetalation system disconnected is the code. From what I have found this is likely due to a clogged CCV. My truck is a 2016 and only has 9k miles on it. Seems premature for the CCV to need replacing, if that is infact the issue. If it is, is it covered by the warranty? Thoughts?

thanks Paul
    I would check the plug at the sensor. It's on the passenger side of valve cover. There's a tube coming off it that runs down to the intake house at turbo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Homebrew View Post

thanks Paul
    I would think warranty will cover whatever the issue is. If a new filter is needed, your dealer will probably swap it out then and there, takes 5 min.

Do you have the factory air intake? I get this code when I take the lid off my AFE intake....i clear the code and put the lid back on and no CEL.

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Re: Bad CCV? CODES P040DB,U02A2,U02A3

, UYS GEORGE HEAR. I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEMS , I HAVE A 2017 RAM TRADESMAN 2500, 6.7 .MY CODES ARE P040DB, U02A2, U02A3 . ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT.

THANKS GEOEGE UTZ