Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: fueling issues cold start rought idle then smooth

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

fueling issues cold start rought idle then smooth

hey guys ive got an 05. ive just replaced the injectors with brand NEW 50hp injector from accurate diesel. they have been great until now. recently they have
    started running rough on cold starts. ive got a fass fuel system with 2 micron water separator and filter. ive changed both and nothing. it only does it on cold starts after its been sitting for atleist 10 hours, rough idle with very little smoke then clears up along with roughness after 5 seconds or so? could this be an FCA? or rail pressure sensor? please don't everyone Hit the go-to response and say "bad injector"... that like saying a 6.0 powerstroke runs like crap and the first thing someone says without even hearin or looking at it say "blown head gasket". yea maybe its a bad injector but im looking for constructive TS advice not for someone to shotgun my entire fuel system and say replace the whole set of injectors.. any ideas??

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: fueling issues cold start rought idle then smooth

@AccurateDiesel any ideas?

🏁Join us as Lifetime Platinum Member today!🏁

"The grass is greener where you water it"

4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I would probably start by looking for any obvious fuel leaks. Some trucks are just cold natures more so than others. How cold are you talking?

2014 3500 (DRW) 68RFE 3:73s . mirror light mod. 20% tint front 5% tint on rear. cattleman front bumper,running boards and headache rack. puddle light mod with blue leds. RGB lights in footwells and grill. Mostly debadged. 52" light bar and a 20" on the bumper. Smoked tail,cab and side marker lights. Black bezel headlights. Led lights where possible. 37 trail Graps. 2.5 inch leveling kit. Steering box brace. Dual steering stabilizers. MM3 and "WARPED" by Double R Diesel!

5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

40F and below. No leaks that I can see. Taken valve cover off to check tubes while running and it's not makin oil either. But here some good news.. last fill up yesterday I added a whole quart size bottle of Lucas "upper cyl lube" and it's starts and idles like a top now and it's only been through 1/4 of a tank. everything I've been reading and been told, they keep telling me I've got a leaky injector and if that's the case then with additive or not, that wouldn't cure the mechanical portion of the injector correct?? Because if it was leaking then thenthe balll and seat would then be eroded, and there's no fixing damage already done. And I've read about guys having failing FCA's and they add a little lube to them and they start working for a bit??
    Just to add a little life... So that's why I'm leaning towards a FCA or rail pressure sensor. No codes currently. So tell what you guys think.

Last edited by cpcolt4545; 12-23-2016 at 09:52 AM. Reason: added material

6. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

No help guys?? Nothing?