Thanks Thanks:  21
Likes Likes:  21
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: HS Mini Maxx MCC and Code Generator

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

HS Mini Maxx MCC and Code Generator

Hello, and yeah yeah yeah, so I'm a noob. So I just picked up a 2012 Ram 3500 with a 6.7 and auto trans, 51k miles.
    Then picked up a stainless 4" turbo back exhaust system, EGR and throttle delete, and a Mini Maxx 1009103 tuner. Haven't installed anything yet. MPG really sucks.

I would like to have the trans code before I do the install. Not sure if I have to do the update or not and don't want to mess things up.

I have found the MCC software download for free, but the code generator is pricey.

The price for just the trans code would best be used for the purchase of a code generator.

Anyone know of someone selling a code generator on the cheap? I just want to use this on my truck and do some custom tunes for myself. I'm not looking to be selling tunes or supplying tunes to anyone else. Just trying to stay on the lower cost of things.

I'm into the delete system, including the tuner, just under 1k.

2. Thanks HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by diamond d View Post
    Hello, and yeah yeah yeah, so I'm a noob. So I just picked up a 2012 Ram 3500 with a 6.7 and auto trans, 51k miles.
    Then picked up a stainless 4" turbo back exhaust system, EGR and throttle delete, and a Mini Maxx 1009103 tuner. Haven't installed anything yet. MPG really sucks.

I would like to have the trans code before I do the install. Not sure if I have to do the update or not and don't want to mess things up.

I have found the MCC software download for free, but the code generator is pricey.

The price for just the trans code would best be used for the purchase of a code generator.

Anyone know of someone selling a code generator on the cheap? I just want to use this on my truck and do some custom tunes for myself. I'm not looking to be selling tunes or supplying tunes to anyone else. Just trying to stay on the lower cost of things.

I'm into the delete system, including the tuner, just under 1k.
    You can pick up the Overdrive Trans Tuning code for $40 on eBay... that's cheap!

Thomas-2012 Saddle Brown Pearl CCSB

4. Thanks HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN, thornton weldin thanked for this post
    Likes HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

OK, yup that's a good price. But I still want to do custom tunes with a code generator and mcc.

6. Thanks HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

anyone know if double r is still on here?

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

anyone know if double r is still on here?
    Yep! @Double R Diesel

🏁Join us as Lifetime Platinum Member today!🏁

"The grass is greener where you water it"

10. Likes cogdellja liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Yes alive and well. I can get any H&S code, but I get them from a third party. I'm not gonna pay for a code generator myself.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

12. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Hello Ray and thanks for the reply.
    Question: How would I know if the Mini Max I bought second hand is VIN locked? It was brand new-never installed, but his receipt shows he had a ford when he bought the tuner and other items. I looked at the files on the sd card that came with it, (on my pc), and the first two files say Ford, but further down the list I see something for my Ram trans. (see picture)
    Also, from my understanding, I need to purchase a 16 digit "License Key" (unlock code ??) so I can install a custom tune into my Mini Maxx. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
    Untitled.jpg

14. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Hello Ray and thanks for the reply.
    Question: How would I know if the Mini Max I bought second hand is VIN locked? It was brand new-never installed, but his receipt shows he had a ford when he bought the tuner and other items. I looked at the files on the sd card that came with it, (on my pc), and the first two files say Ford, but further down the list I see something for my Ram trans. (see picture)
    Also, from my understanding, I need to purchase a 16 digit "License Key" (unlock code ??) so I can install a custom tune into my Mini Maxx. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
    Untitled.jpg
    Show settings screen. Look to see if it says uninstalled.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

15. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN thanked for this post
  16. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

OK, thanks, I'll check tomorrow.

17. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN thanked for this post
  18. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Thomas-2012 Saddle Brown Pearl CCSB

2012 CCSB Saddle Brown Pearl... DRD tuned

19. Thanks HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN thanked for this post