Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  30
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MPG on RaceME Ultra

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

MPG on RaceME Ultra

I have had my Race Ultra on since 4/2017 and just leave it on the 120hp tune unless I put a big load on it. Get 18.5 in summer and 16.5 right now under 15* temp. Was getting 14 before the delete. The 10-12 trucks just will not do better, I have talked with several tuners and the BEST of them, Ray. I did try the 60hp and my mpg was close to 17 so I leave it at the 120hp. I do not want to run it any higher till I get a stud kit from Ray. By the way, I have saved enough on fuel to pay for the tuner and will be ordering the studs soon.

Hope your trip went well @Bobbywalker083

2011 Big Horn CCSB. 3.73 gears, 68RFE, 255/80/17 Cooper SSTMaxx, 4" flo pro out the back, Race Me Ultra from Doublerdiesel, Full delete on top

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

MPG on RaceME Ultra

Do you have all other settings set to default? Wondering about the spool setting? What about rail pressure?

Quote Originally Posted by 68muleteem View Post
    I have had my Race Ultra on since 4/2017 and just leave it on the 120hp tune unless I put a big load on it. Get 18.5 in summer and 16.5 right now under 15* temp. Was getting 14 before the delete. The 10-12 trucks just will not do better, I have talked with several tuners and the BEST of them, Ray. I did try the 60hp and my mpg was close to 17 so I leave it at the 120hp. I do not want to run it any higher till I get a stud kit from Ray. By the way, I have saved enough on fuel to pay for the tuner and will be ordering the studs soon.

Hope your trip went well @Bobbywalker083

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

MPG on RaceME Ultra

Well, after driving around for a few weeks changing between the 60 and 120hp tune my interstate mpg averaged about 16-17. Today I finally turned it up to the 150hp tune on a 170 mile trip and it immediately picked up 5mpg. It averaged 22 to 23 on flat ground cruise set at 78mph. I drove it easy, but a few times i got on it, I saw my boos top out at 38psi! That seems too high to be safe on a stock motor without headstuds.Any opinions on this? and any other people seeing similar results? Is there any way to turn down the max boos on that tune? Thanks!

6. Likes str8:6 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

MPG on RaceME Ultra

Sorry I did not get back to this, been very busy even without any snow. I run my truck on the 120 default settings, not sure I want to stay on 150. Never had any trouble at all and the MPG is way better than stock. Have not had time to do studs yet. I will say, with the stock VGT turbo, there is an "exhaust pressure" sender that should keep the "ultimate" pressure under safe zone unless Race turns this off. The VGT needs to know exh pres to function correctly.
    TONYBAIN42, what size tires you got?

2011 Big Horn CCSB. 3.73 gears, 68RFE, 255/80/17 Cooper SSTMaxx, 4" flo pro out the back, Race Me Ultra from Doublerdiesel, Full delete on top

8. Likes str8:6 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

MPG on RaceME Ultra

Did you get a recent dealer update? My 12 used to get really good mileage and my evic was right on. Now my evic will read about what I used to get but Im getting 2 mpg less. Im thinking that they are over riding after market tuners and forcing post injection to happen. The way my truck is acting, it now has an extra touchy pedal and different idle seems like post injection event is occurring. It has been said before that deleting post injection will net 1 1/2 -2 mpg gain and thats what Im off. Im going to retire my H&S and upgrade. Hopefully a fresh tune will fix this. I am now totally against dealer updates.

10. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

MPG on RaceME Ultra

Max boost on VGT should not be pushed past 34 psi.

After 30 psi drive pressure ramps up to 1.5 psi or more.

This is the back pressure that blows head gaskets.

Also the stock VGT will blow arounf 40 psi.

11. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

MPG on RaceME Ultra

At that time I had 35x12.50r20 toyo open country a/t's

12. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

MPG on RaceME Ultra

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger6.7 View Post
    Did you get a recent dealer update? My 12 used to get really good mileage and my evic was right on. Now my evic will read about what I used to get but Im getting 2 mpg less. Im thinking that they are over riding after market tuners and forcing post injection to happen. The way my truck is acting, it now has an extra touchy pedal and different idle seems like post injection event is occurring. It has been said before that deleting post injection will net 1 1/2 -2 mpg gain and thats what Im off. Im going to retire my H&S and upgrade. Hopefully a fresh tune will fix this. I am now totally against dealer updates.

I haven't had a dealer update since I put the tuner on my truck a few years ago.

I will say when I updated the RaceME to the latest tune after a few years where the TPMS was adjustable and the switch feature the pedal is so much more responsive!

I love that but also experience where you let off and it does a weird little rev, then fall like something with post injection events.

My average on the dash is anywhere from 15 to 17 depending on what type of driving around town I'm doing.

The worst I have seen was from Memphis to baton rouge pulling a 40' goose neck with 2 20' seacans on it.

That was 6MPG at 70. the truck empty will still say 20-23 on flat interstate around 75mph.

13. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  14. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

Re: MPG on RaceME Ultra

I kind of like that little rev when you let off a light throttle.

At first, it spooked me a little, but I'm getting used to it now.

The throttle is responsive too.

15. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12