Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: 16 EGR delete question

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

16 EGR delete question

Do i have to drain the coolant to do this? the whole system shouldnt drain will it i can just disconnect the egr stuff and let whatever comes out drain, then top it off?

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: 16 EGR delete question

Quote Originally Posted by Thake618 View Post
    Do i have to drain the coolant to do this? the whole system shouldnt drain will it i can just disconnect the egr stuff and let whatever comes out drain, then top it off?
    Pretty sure that's what most people do. I think you only loose what's in the cooler basicly. I will know for sure next weekend if we have good weather.

2014 3500 (DRW) 68RFE 3:73s . mirror light mod. 20% tint front 5% tint on rear. cattleman front bumper,running boards and headache rack. puddle light mod with blue leds. RGB lights in footwells and grill. Mostly debadged. 52" light bar and a 20" on the bumper. Smoked tail,cab and side marker lights. Black bezel headlights. Led lights where possible. 37 trail Graps. 2.5 inch leveling kit. Steering box brace. Dual steering stabilizers. MM3 and "WARPED" by Double R Diesel!

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

i was just hoping to let drain whatever drains then top it off, my exhaust is on the truck, the egr delete should be here at the beginning of the week and the tuner Wednesday hopefully!
    Quote Originally Posted by TX NIGHT TRAIN View Post
    Pretty sure that's what most people do. I think you only loose what's in the cooler basically. I will know for sure next weekend if we have good weather.

4. Thanks 4kids2dogs&RV, BrightWhiteCummins thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Thake618 View Post
    i was just hoping to let drain whatever drains then top it off, my exhaust is on the truck, the egr delete should be here at the beginning of the week and the tuner Wednesday hopefully!
    Just a word of advice. Tune first. Then remove parts if your truck is the only source of transportation. I'm not going to drain anything before I do mine either.

2014 3500 (DRW) 68RFE 3:73s . mirror light mod. 20% tint front 5% tint on rear. cattleman front bumper,running boards and headache rack. puddle light mod with blue leds. RGB lights in footwells and grill. Mostly debadged. 52" light bar and a 20" on the bumper. Smoked tail,cab and side marker lights. Black bezel headlights. Led lights where possible. 37 trail Graps. 2.5 inch leveling kit. Steering box brace. Dual steering stabilizers. MM3 and "WARPED" by Double R Diesel!

6. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

16 EGR delete question

You may lose a half gallon of coolant, maybe a little more is all...I cut a milk jug off with just enough to still use the handle. I didn't catch it all but most of it went into the jug.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Thanks TX NIGHT TRAIN thanked for this post
    Likes TX NIGHT TRAIN liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Just got everything together last night and i love it, however this dosent look safe to me but it may just be me. is that hose and clamp over that type of fitting sufficient enough? i removed the o-ring and slid the hose over and secured it with a clamp, just scared me that it might blow off LOL.... thoughts?

9. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

The egr delete I used came with a barbed fitting that replaced the one in the picture. I had pure hell getting the factory one out of the head though and almost went the same route that you did. I'd think that if that push on fitting held that your way would hold better but I agree that it looks a little sketchy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk