Thanks Thanks:  15
Likes Likes:  20
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: First Fuel filter change

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: First Fuel filter change

I'm just over here with my 2012 and single filter, glad I don't have to change that frame mounted filter! Although my neighbor hits me up to help him every time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Thanks RamIt thanked for this post
    Likes RamIt, DanO, Power247 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by theaaronbush View Post
    I'm just over here with my 2012 and single filter, glad I don't have to change that frame mounted filter! Although my neighbor hits me up to help him every time!

The frame mounted one is easy. A chain wrench makes quick work of it. The one under the hood was my problem.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

2021 3500 Mega HO DRW

4. Likes DanO liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RamIt View Post
    The frame mounted one is easy. A chain wrench makes quick work of it. The one under the hood was my problem.

Yeah but you've gotta do all that laying in your back stuff!

6. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by theaaronbush View Post
    Yeah but you've gotta do all that laying in your back stuff!

Indeed. And I had to toss a pair of pants from all the diesel fuel. But it is what it is LOL

2021 3500 Mega HO DRW

7. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Add some hose to the drain lines and catch most in a bucket first. I see genos has an aluminum cap for the engine mounted one. I always worry about that plastic one

2014 3500 (DRW) 68RFE 3:73s . mirror light mod. 20% tint front 5% tint on rear. cattleman front bumper,running boards and headache rack. puddle light mod with blue leds. RGB lights in footwells and grill. Mostly debadged. 52" light bar and a 20" on the bumper. Smoked tail,cab and side marker lights. Black bezel headlights. Led lights where possible. 37 trail Graps. 2.5 inch leveling kit. Steering box brace. Dual steering stabilizers. MM3 and "WARPED" by Double R Diesel!

8. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TX NIGHT TRAIN View Post
    Add some hose to the drain lines and catch most in a bucket first. I see genos has an aluminum cap for the engine mounted one. I always worry about that plastic one
    I didn't have any hose so I hoped for the best with a drain pan 😂😂😂 and that plastic cap is gonna get broken for sure. Especially if a dealership has done a filter change cause they use air tools. I thought my buddy was gonna destroy my cap trying to get it off.

Gonna need to look into that aluminum one. 👍 Wish I would've know that, I just placed a Geno's order yesterday

2021 3500 Mega HO DRW

9. Likes Power247 liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

I usually pour some oil in a cup and soak that O-ring real good while I get the cap off and filter out and it's still a little snug when you take it off. If I used an impact to take it off, I feel like the plastic nut on top would be smoothed out in no time!

11. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

I performed my first fuel filter change on my '16 the other day but I was hesitant on the frame mounted one. I took the new one out of the box and it had a good bit of oily residue all on the silver opening and down into the black plastic bits on the inside? Is that normal?

2016 Ram 3500 Mega Cab Laramie 4x4 AISIN 3.73 DRW - RaceMe Ultra / WARP by Double R Diesel
    2012 Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 4x4 68RFE 3.73 - Mini Maxx MCC by Double R Diesel
    2010 Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 4x4 Garmon 68RFE 3.73 - 500k+ miles Raceme Ultra / Warp by Double R Diesel

12. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

I usually buy my fuel and oil filters both Fleetguard Brands from Geno's Garage great selection very reasonable prices and fast shipping and great customer service

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

13. Likes Power247, TX NIGHT TRAIN liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Both?!? Looks like my best option would be a dual bypass filter... o_O

15. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast