Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  23
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 16 ram, deleteing....4 inch vs 5 inch.

1. Top Of Page | #31

User Info Menu

Re: 16 ram, deleteing....4 inch vs 5 inch.

My set up is a 2015 3500 SRW with Double R MM3 and sinister deletes. I'm running the mbrp race pipe with muffler and thank God I chose the muffler. I also have the 5 inch tailpipe which provides a deeper sound. It's almost too loud as it is (on the inside of the truck that is). Although it shakes my entire house with the truck running in the garage. I may or may not add a resonator at some point. I haven't towed with it yet...
    I'm very happy with my setup so far

I tried to upload a video, but it looks like it failed...

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

2. Top Of Page | #32

User Info Menu

I put a 4” straight pipe on my 2010 and loved it. Not much drone in cab and the sounds was great. Everything I hear about the 5” is in cab drone is high around 65 mph and vibration in cab from the exhaust rubbing. A buddy of mine put a 5” on and it sounds nice but he had similar complaints. I know there are some that will put a “barrier” between the exhaust to stop vibration or even dent in the exhaust tube in that area. The drone is less with use of a muffler. I was always also told there isn’t a performance increase between the two, they are the same in that aspect as well. Good luck with the decision. I watched lots of sound clips on YouTube before buying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2018 Ram 2500 Laramie Graphite- pretty much stock for now.

Sold- 2010 Ram 2500 SLT- leveled, full delete.

3. Top Of Page | #33

User Info Menu

I run a Flo pro 5" on my '18 CCLB and love the sound. Alot deeper then a 4".

4. Top Of Page | #34

User Info Menu

I just recently, within the last 2 months, swapped out my 4” turbo back with 5”! There is not any more drone in the cab than there was with the 4”. Mine is straight piped out the back. Yes it’s deeper outside but it’s hardly noticeable cruising at 70 even pulling my travel trailer. Now I just need someone to buy that 4”!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Thanks Megacum thanked for this post
    Likes Megacum liked this post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234