Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  23
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 16 ram, deleteing....4 inch vs 5 inch.

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

16 ram, deleteing....4 inch vs 5 inch.

Hey guys looking to purchase a rr diesel tune/exhaust in the next day or so and am looking to see what everyones opinion on exhaust are? 4inch or 5inch, which sounds better?? is 4 inch too raspy? di the straight pipes have a lot of drone in the newer trucks? any insight would be great

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: 16 ram, deleteing....4 inch vs 5 inch.

Our vote is for 5 inch.

"The grass is greener where you water it"

3. Thanks Jordan Fuller thanked for this post
    Likes NORCAL, Chris_24V, Lifehiker liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

mine is too, however is it absolutley obnoxious? does the muffler add sound good?

5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Go with the 5in in my opinion. The only drone issue i have is when truck goes into 6th and i slow down to around 55 but besides that the drone is never a issue with me.

2014 RAM 2500 TRADESMAN "SMOKED A BIT TURBO LIT AND THAT WAS IT"

6. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

I only did the delete pipe and mine is perfect for me. Although I believe replacing the entire exhaust would've been just as easy LOL

2014 3500 (DRW) 68RFE 3:73s . mirror light mod. 20% tint front 5% tint on rear. cattleman front bumper,running boards and headache rack. puddle light mod with blue leds. RGB lights in footwells and grill. Mostly debadged. 52" light bar and a 20" on the bumper. Smoked tail,cab and side marker lights. Black bezel headlights. Led lights where possible. 37 trail Graps. 2.5 inch leveling kit. Steering box brace. Dual steering stabilizers. MM3 and "WARPED" by Double R Diesel!

7. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

I added a Flo-Pro Twister muffler it took out the drone that I had. I love the sound now.

2014 Ram Laramie 3500 CCSB 6.7 Cummins. 3.42 gears. EGR Delete. Flo~Pro 5 inch TBE. ARP 625's. GDP grid delete and S2. 464 BMP Turbo on 2nd Gen Manifold. BD Exhaust Brake. Fass 150G Fuel System. BBI 1.5's. Exergy 10mm Stroker Pump. RevMax 68RFE 700 Series. Dual remote oil filters. Thuren coils. Carli progressive leafs with Thuren Kings 2.5. AMP Steps. Snow Performance Water/Meth Stage 2. BDS Recoil Traction Bars.
    Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35's on 20 x 10 Fuel Vapors.

8. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

is the straight pipe obnoxious?

9. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

big sound diffrence?
    Quote Originally Posted by DanO View Post
    I added a Flo-Pro Twister muffler it took out the drone that I had. I love the sound now.

10. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Thake618 View Post
    big sound diffrence?
    Not a big difference still a great sound, just less drone noise inside the cab.

2014 Ram Laramie 3500 CCSB 6.7 Cummins. 3.42 gears. EGR Delete. Flo~Pro 5 inch TBE. ARP 625's. GDP grid delete and S2. 464 BMP Turbo on 2nd Gen Manifold. BD Exhaust Brake. Fass 150G Fuel System. BBI 1.5's. Exergy 10mm Stroker Pump. RevMax 68RFE 700 Series. Dual remote oil filters. Thuren coils. Carli progressive leafs with Thuren Kings 2.5. AMP Steps. Snow Performance Water/Meth Stage 2. BDS Recoil Traction Bars.
    Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35's on 20 x 10 Fuel Vapors.

11. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

i think im just going to go straight pipe.

12. Likes DanO, 4kids2dogs&RV liked this post
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast