Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  4

Thread: Revmax opinions

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Revmax opinions

Ok guys I think the time is coming soon to change out my tranny. On WOT my rpms bounce on the Rev limit in 4th gear at right about the time it should lock up the TC. It won't go into 5th until I lift off. I looking into a revmax but honestly has anyone pushed the 550 past 550hp? The price seems a whole lot less painful than the 700.
    I currently have a s465 2nd gen swap on stock fuel and I'm not sure if I'll do fuel upgrades in the future.

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Revmax opinions

Honestly they build those transmissions very well. I don't see an issue going over 550 as long as you get billet flex plate, billet input and probably billet center support and 4th clutch housing I think. But at that price your close to the 700 price. Don't forget a good torque converter. I've heard that it's best to get the tow/haul valve body so your pressure isn't always so high cause your towing and daily driver. And not running down track for 10-13 sec at a time. IMO it's best to have the ability to go high in engine power and know your transmission will take it. It would be pretty depressing if say you got to 550 and want to go to 700-800 hp then your going back into transmission to change things up or getting another unit. Some correct me if I'm wrong on this info. Maybe revmax I'll chime in they are a vendor for igotacummins

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--Work gives you meaning and purpose, Life is empty without it--

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Well I noticed that for the 700, the clutch housing for 4th gear is also an add on. If that's the case then do I really need it?

6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cumminswelder View Post
    Well I noticed that for the 700, the clutch housing for 4th gear is also an add on. If that's the case then do I really need it?
    I tried to PM you but it wouldn't go through.

2014 Ram Laramie 3500 CCSB 6.7 Cummins. 3.42 gears. EGR Delete. Flo~Pro 5 inch TBE. ARP 625's. GDP grid delete and S2. 464 BMP Turbo on 2nd Gen Manifold. BD Exhaust Brake. Fass 150G Fuel System. BBI 1.5's. Exergy 10mm Stroker Pump. RevMax 68RFE 700 Series. Dual remote oil filters. Thuren coils. Carli progressive leafs with Thuren Kings 2.5. AMP Steps. Snow Performance Water/Meth Stage 2. BDS Recoil Traction Bars.
    Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35's on 20 x 10 Fuel Vapors.

7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

If you'd like you could email me at leclipser11@hotmail.com*

8. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DanO View Post
    I tried to PM you but it wouldn't go through.
    Free members only get 5 private messages at a time.

"The grass is greener where you water it"

9. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Interested in your decision. Not time for me yet but really leaning toward Revmax when the time comes.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, Sisupower liked this post